Wall guides Wizards over HornetsMar 16, 2013 - 5:03 AM
Wall shot 12-of-15 from the field, including a perfect 3-for-3 from behind the arc, for the Wizards, who won their second straight game.
"I just got into a good rhythm. The last couple games I've been feeling pretty good and able to knock down my shot," Wall said.
Martell Webster had 18 points while Garrett Temple, Cartier Martin and Kevin Seraphin scored 10 points apiece in the victory.
Eric Gordon had a team-high 20 points for the Hornets, who have lost five of their last six games. Greivis Vasquez recorded 18 points, nine assists and eight rebounds, and Anthony Davis scored 16 points.
"We as a team didn't play well; we didn't make shots like we should have," Gordon said. "It seemed to be more of a team flow issue."
The game was tied at 50 at the half, but in the third, the Hornets struggled, scoring just 14 points on 28 percent shooting.
Meanwhile, Wall scored 14 points in the period, including the final six for the Wizards, and the team would lead 74-64 entering the fourth.
The Wizards extended their lead by as much as 15 points, 94-79, late in the frame.
Davis and Al-Farouq Aminu combined for an 8-2 spurt in the final 1:19 of the game, but it was too little, too late.
New Orleans had a 30-26 advantage entering the second quarter, but it quickly evaporated as Martin made a jumper with 9:36 left to give Washington a 33-32 lead.
The two teams kept it competitive throughout the rest of the quarter, as they tied four times and had five lead changes. Gordon made the final score of the half, a 3-pointer with 48.9 seconds remaining.
Davis was a perfect 8-for-8 from the foul line ... New Orleans missed all 13 of its 3-point attempts in the second half ... The Wizards defeated the Hornets at home for the first time since March 2, 2008 ... Washington swept the season-series against New Orleans for the first time since the 2007-2008 season.
- NEW ORLEANS: 87
Mar 15 9:16 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 64
End of 3rd
Mar 15 8:44 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 50
Mar 15 8:03 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 30
End of 1st
Mar 15 7:48 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 0
1st Quarter - 11:40
Mar 15 7:14 PM
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 28
- Hornets C Spencer Hawes out for remainder of series vs Heat Apr 28
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 28
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Apr 27
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27