Webster nets career-high as Wizards crush SunsMar 17, 2013 - 6:52 AM
Webster was 10-for-18 from the field -- including 7-of-10 from beyond the arc -- for Washington, which shot an impressive 66.7 percent (14-of-21) from long distance as a team to snap a 10-game losing streak to Phoenix.
"My teammates kept finding me," said Webster. "They encouraged me to shoot the ball, and when you have that backing, its easy to shoot."
Emeka Okafor and John Wall both had double-doubles, with each scoring 17 points. Okafor tallied 10 rebounds and Wall registered 11 assists in the win.
Michael Beasley scored a team-best 21 points off the bench for the Suns, losers of four in a row. Jared Dudley added 16 points with Jermaine O'Neal and Goran Dragic each contributing 12. Dragic also had 11 assists.
"First half, it felt like we had a shot to win the game," said Beasley. "But the way we started the second half, really dictated the whole game."
The teams were neck-and-neck until the Wizards took control with a 15-2 run in the later stages of the second quarter. Wall contributed a pair of driving scores and Bradley Beal added a 3-pointer during the stretch.
Washington held a 66-59 edge at the break and saw its advantage continue to grow, as Webster's second triple of the quarter expanded the lead to 20 at 93-73.
P.J. Tucker's halfcourt shot at the end of third got the Suns within 19 but they only came one point closer in the final quarter.
Webster recorded his fifth consecutive game with at least four 3-pointers ... The Wizards reached season-highs for points scored in a half, as well as in game ... Washington has won five in a row at home ... The Wizards shot 51.6 percent for the contest and scored 20 points off 15 Phoenix turnovers.
- PHOENIX: 105
Mar 16 9:22 PM
- PHOENIX: 83
End of 3rd
Mar 16 8:54 PM
- PHOENIX: 59
Mar 16 8:13 PM
- PHOENIX: 29
End of 1st
Mar 16 7:36 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
1st Quarter - 11:35
Mar 16 7:13 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Apr 27
- Washington announces Scott Brooks as Wizards next head coach Apr 26
- Durant: Happy ex-coach Brooks back in NBA, focused on Mavs Apr 22
- AP Sources: Scott Brooks to be Washington Wizards next coach Apr 21
- Suns remove 'interim' tag, retain Earl Watson as coach Apr 19
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- After awful season, Suns may well retain Watson as coach Apr 14
- Hornets look for first playoff win in 14 seasons vs. Heat Apr 14
- Wizards president Grunfeld stays, fires coach Wittman Apr 14