Wall leads Wizards over SunsMar 21, 2013 - 5:57 AM
Nene added 17 points and eight rebounds for Washington, which tallied just its sixth road win of the season.
Bradley Beal re-injured his sprained left ankle during the fourth quarter. He missed six games earlier this month due to the injury.
Goran Dragic and Wesley Johnson netted 18 points apiece for the Suns, who have dropped five of their last six tilts.
"I was not happy with (any) of our young guys. And it wasn't about mistakes they made. It was about effort. It was about fight, having a sense of urgency. Unacceptable," Suns head coach Lindsey Hunter said.
The Suns led 26-25 after a quarter of play, but Washington seized control of the contest in the second. Michael Beasley hit two free throws to give Phoenix a 28-27 edge, but the Wizards countered with a 23-4 run. Trevor Ariza hit three 3-pointers and tallied 11 points during the surge, which was capped on a Wall layup for a 50-32 lead with 2:51 left in the half.
Washington took a 59-45 advantage into the break and a 74-65 spread into the final frame.
Hamed Haddadi's layup pulled Phoenix within 75-72 in the fourth, but a quick 7-0 Wizards spurt helped them regain their double-digit spread and they were never seriously threatened again.
"You've got to be able to make plays offensively and defensively and that's what we were able to do," Wall said.
The Wizards turned the ball over 21 times, which led to 25 Phoenix points ... The Suns were 20-of-22 from the foul line ... Washington improved to 6-26 on the road.
- WASHINGTON: 88
Mar 21 12:27 AM
- WASHINGTON: 74
End of 3rd
Mar 20 11:55 PM
- WASHINGTON: 59
Mar 20 11:09 PM
- WASHINGTON: 25
End of 1st
Mar 20 10:39 PM
- WASHINGTON: 2
1st Quarter - 11:44
Mar 20 10:12 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Apr 27
- Washington announces Scott Brooks as Wizards next head coach Apr 26
- Durant: Happy ex-coach Brooks back in NBA, focused on Mavs Apr 22
- AP Sources: Scott Brooks to be Washington Wizards next coach Apr 21
- Suns remove 'interim' tag, retain Earl Watson as coach Apr 19
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- After awful season, Suns may well retain Watson as coach Apr 14
- Hornets look for first playoff win in 14 seasons vs. Heat Apr 14
- Wizards president Grunfeld stays, fires coach Wittman Apr 14