Brewer leads Nuggets past JazzNov 10, 2012 - 7:43 AM Denver Nuggets' 104-84 rout of the Utah Jazz.
"His energy is contagious," Nuggets head coach George Karl said of Faried. "It is a big part of why we're successful and it is going to have to be a big part of what we do this year."
Andre Iguodala tallied 15 points and seven boards, while Kosta Koufos finished with 15 points and 10 rebounds for Denver, which has won three straight since beginning the year with three consecutive losses.
Gordon Hayward netted 15 points to lead the Jazz, who have lost four of their last five games since opening their campaign with a victory.
"A very disappointing effort. We just didn't execute," Jazz head coach Tyrone Corbin said.
Randy Foye and Enes Kanter poured in 13 points apiece off the bench, while Derrick Favors registered 10 points and 11 boards off the pine in defeat.
The Jazz took a slim 27-26 lead after a quarter of play, but the Nuggets' defense clamped down in the second.
The hosts held Utah to just 16.7 percent (3-of-18) from the floor and forced seven turnovers, which led to 11 points in the frame as Denver took a 53-38 advantage into the locker room.
The Nuggets led by as many as 21 in the third before heading into the final frame with a 73-57 edge.
Brewer hit four key 3-pointers in the fourth -- three of which were momentum- halting triples.
After Alec Burks' layup pulled the visitors within 78-65 with 9:36 to play, Brewer's four-point play from the left wing restored control for Denver.
Denver was called for goaltending on Jamaal Tinsley's hook shot with 4:22 left, which made it a 90-78 deficit, but Brewer nailed back-to-back triples to make it 96-78 with 3:08 to play.
The margin swelled to as many as 22 in the waning seconds.
Utah turned the ball over 18 times, which led to 23 Denver points ... The Jazz finished 17.4 percent (4-of-23) from beyond the arc ... The Nuggets outrebounded the Jazz, 53-45.
- UTAH: 84
Nov 10 1:07 AM
- UTAH: 57
End of 3rd
Nov 10 12:35 AM
- UTAH: 38
Nov 9 11:49 PM
- UTAH: 27
End of 1st
Nov 9 11:10 PM
- UTAH: 0
1st Quarter - 11:59
Nov 9 10:43 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Apr 14
- Kobe scores 60 points in unbelievable farewell victory Apr 14
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Apr 14
- Warriors' chase, Kobe's finale highlight NBA's final night Apr 13
- Nuggets-Trail Blazers Preview Apr 13
- Improved Kemba Walker has Hornets back in the playoffs Apr 12