Gallinari, Nuggets down JazzJan 6, 2013 - 7:22 AM Denver, CO (Sports Network) - Danilo Gallinari had 26 points in the Denver Nuggets' 110-91 win over the Utah Jazz.
Galinari was 7-of-11 from the field and sunk 11 of his 12 free-throw attempts for Denver, which has won four of its last six games.
"I thought we got everything we wanted to do. We were executing our offense very well and they didn't get anybody hot," Nuggets head coach George Karl said.
Kenneth Faried tallied 15 points and 10 rebounds in the win.
Paul Millsap finished with 15 points and seven rebounds to lead the Jazz, who have dropped four of their last six contests.
"They knocked down some shots. I think we gave them way too many easy looks in the paint," Jazz forward Gordon Hayward said.
A pair of DeMarre Carroll free throws pulled the Jazz within 80-72 in the waning seconds of the third quarter, but Denver responded with an 18-3 run that bridged the third and final frames.
Andre Miller and Andre Iguodala combined to net 16 points, with Miller getting nine and Iguodala pouring in the final seven as he capped the run with a finger roll for a 98-75 margin with 7:26 left in the fourth.
Utah never got within less than 18 the rest of the way.
The Jazz led 23-21 after a quarter of play, but Denver outscored the visitors 28-22 in the second and took a 49-45 edge into the break.
The Nuggets went into the fourth with an 83-72 spread.
Denver turned the ball over 19 times, which led to 27 Utah points ... Denver shot 51.3 percent (39-of-76) from the floor, which the Jazz recorded just a 35.9 percent clip (28-of-78) from the field.
- UTAH: 91
Jan 5 11:25 PM
- UTAH: 72
End of 3rd
Jan 5 10:51 PM
- UTAH: 45
Jan 5 10:07 PM
- UTAH: 23
End of 1st
Jan 5 9:35 PM
- UTAH: 0
1st Quarter - 11:37
Jan 5 9:10 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Apr 14
- Kobe scores 60 points in unbelievable farewell victory Apr 14
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Apr 14
- Warriors' chase, Kobe's finale highlight NBA's final night Apr 13
- Nuggets-Trail Blazers Preview Apr 13
- Improved Kemba Walker has Hornets back in the playoffs Apr 12