Harden, Rockets rout JazzJan 29, 2013 - 6:41 AM Houston Rockets crushed the Utah Jazz, 125-80, at EnergySolutions Arena.
Marcus Morris scored 16 points, while Patrick Patterson and Chandler Parsons added 12 points apiece for the Rockets, who have won three straight and four of their last five on the heels of a seven-game skid.
Omer Asik added 19 rebounds in the triumph.
"Our guys played the right way, sharing the basketball and making the right play. Our guys have the confidence to knock down shots and it is hard to guard us when we're playing that way," Harden said.
Randy Foye scored 12 points, Derrick Favors scored 11, and Al Jefferson dropped in 10 points for the Jazz, who lost for just the fifth time in 20 home games this season.
"They had a nice rhythm going and it is hard to stop them when they get going like that," said Jazz forward Paul Millsap.
Houston lead 28-22 after the first quarter before dominating the Jazz in the second to take a 57-39 lead into the break.
The Rockets, who shot 52.4 percent (11-for-21) in the second, were led by Harden who poured in 12 of his game-high 25 points in the quarter. Carlos Delfino dropped in 11 points in the frame for Houston, which held the Jazz to just 35.7 percent shooting (15-for-42) in the first half.
Houston exploded for 36 points in the third and outscored the Jazz, 32-21, over the final 12 minutes.
The Rockets shot 52.8 percent (47-for-89) from the field and turned it over just six times. Houston scored 22 points off of 16 Utah turnovers.
Delfino finished with 14 points ... Every active Rockets player scored at least three points ... The Houston bench outscored Utah's reserves, 60-41 ... Jazz forward Gordon Hayward missed the game with a right shoulder sprain. Hayward suffered the injury in the closing seconds of the Saturday's 114-110 overtime win over the Indiana Pacers.
- HOUSTON: 125
Jan 28 11:12 PM
- HOUSTON: 93
End of 3rd
Jan 28 10:44 PM
- HOUSTON: 57
Jan 28 10:01 PM
- HOUSTON: 28
End of 1st
Jan 28 9:33 PM
- HOUSTON: 0
1st Quarter - 11:37
Jan 28 9:10 PM
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Warriors reach second round with MVP Stephen Curry sidelined Apr 28
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27
- Rockets-Warriors Preview Apr 26
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 26
- Warriors-Rockets Game 4: most 1st-round viewers since '02 Apr 26
- Stephen Curry out at least 2 weeks with sprained right knee Apr 25