Boozer helps Bulls overcome JazzFeb 9, 2013 - 7:58 AM Chicago Bulls' 93-89 win over the Utah Jazz.
Nate Robinson added 18 points and nine assists for the Bulls, who had lost three of their last four games coming in.
Joakim Noah tallied 12 points and 11 rebounds in the triumph.
Al Jefferson registered a season-high 32 points and 13 boards for Utah, which had won four of its past five contests coming into Friday.
"They made him work hard to get the ball and, once he got it, they sent another body at him," Utah head coach Tyrone Corbin said of the Bulls' defense on Jefferson.
Paul Millsap netted 21 points in defeat.
After Boozer tied the game with a layup, he split a pair from the line on the Bulls' ensuing possession to give Chicago an 84-83 edge with 1:47 to play.
Four consecutive Boozer free throws, sandwiched around a Millsap turnaround baseline jumper made the score 88-85 in favor of Chicago with 27 ticks left.
Randy Foye's driving layup was followed by two Noah foul shots, but Millsap's step-back left corner triple over the outstretched arms of Taj Gibson was off the mark with 16 seconds to play. Luol Deng hit 3-of-4 at the line to seal the win.
Chicago led 31-27 after a quarter of play and took a 58-50 advantage into the break.
Utah outscored the Bulls 19-11 in the third to knot the tilt at 69 heading into the final frame.
Deng finished with 15 points, 10 boards and four assists ... Both teams committed just 12 turnovers ... Chicago improved its road mark to 15-9, which is tied with the Oklahoma City Thunder for the best in the NBA ... Chicago has won four straight meetings.
- CHICAGO: 93
Feb 9 1:04 AM
- CHICAGO: 69
End of 3rd
Feb 9 12:21 AM
- CHICAGO: 58
Feb 8 11:40 PM
- CHICAGO: 31
End of 1st
Feb 8 11:09 PM
- CHICAGO: 2
1st Quarter - 11:44
Feb 8 10:43 PM
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14
- Kobe scores 60 points in unbelievable farewell victory Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Bulls wipe out big early deficit, pound 76ers 115-105 Apr 14
- Jerry Colangelo insists he had no role in 76ers hiring son Apr 13