Jefferson, Jazz outlast WarriorsFeb 20, 2013 - 6:59 AM
Gordon Hayward, who had missed the last 10 games with a sprained right shoulder, scored 17 points for the Jazz, who have won three straight games. Randy Foye dropped in 15 points, while Paul Millsap and Derrick Favors added 14 apiece.
Alec Burks scored 13 points and Marvin Williams added 11 in the triumph.
"We understood how tough this game was going to be. We came out today and established ourselves early. We were able to come out with a good win," Williams said.
Stephen Curry poured in a game-high 29 points on 12-for-22 shooting and Jarrett Jack added 19 points and nine assists off the bench for the Warriors, who have dropped six straight.
"They outworked us, and once again we were not sharp defensively." Warriors coach Mark Jackson said. "We did not take care of the basketball. It was another uncharacteristic performance and we have to find ourselves."
The Jazz led 26-19 after the first 12 minutes and took a 58-53 lead into the halftime break.
The Warriors managed to cut the Utah lead to one following a Curry trey early in the third quarter, but the Warriors used a 15-4 flurry to go up 81-69 with 3 1/2 minutes left in the period.
A 6-1 Golden State sequence made it 82-75 in Utah's favor just 1 1/2 minutes later, and the Warriors went into the final stanza down 87-79.
Hayward canned a long two to give the Jazz an 11-point lead early in the fourth quarter, but Golden State was able to make it a six-point game moments later following Curry's trey.
It would be as close as the Warriors would get, however, as they were outscored by Utah by a 22-14 count the rest of the way.
The Jazz scored 21 points off 14 Golden State turnovers ... The Jazz shot 50 percent (39-for-78) from the floor ... Utah scored 22 points on second chances, but held the Warriors to 15 points on such opportunities ... David Lee scored 18 points and pulled down nine rebounds for Golden State.
- GOLDEN STATE: 101
Feb 19 11:21 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 79
End of 3rd
Feb 19 10:46 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 53
Feb 19 10:03 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 19
End of 1st
Feb 19 9:36 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:40
Feb 19 9:12 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19