Rockets take down Jazz thanks to HardenMar 21, 2013 - 5:52 AM Houston Rockets to a 100-93 win over the Utah Jazz on Wednesday.
Chandler Parsons had 10 points and eight rebounds and Omer Asik finished with nine points and 12 boards for the Rockets, winners in six of their last nine games.
"I thought we got off to a good start," said Houston head coach Kevin McHale. "I thought we had good energy. I thought we had good defensive rhythm."
Gordon Hayward scored 27 points and Al Jefferson added 18 points and 11 rebounds for the Jazz, who trail the Los Angeles Lakers for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
"We're still in the fight," said Utah head coach Ty Corbin. "We're still alive. We've slid and this is a tough loss for us but we're still in the fight and we'll approach every game trying to contain and compete to win the ball game and we'll see where that goes."
Houston led 25-17 after the first quarter and took a 52-33 lead into the break.
The Rockets' lead grew to 26 points following a Lin jumper at the 5:36 mark, but the Jazz managed to cut it to 80-61 entering the final frame.
Utah opened the fourth quarter with an 18-7 surge to cut the lead to 87-79 with just under 4 1/2 minutes left.
A pair of Hayward free throws got the Jazz within five, 93-88, but Utah couldn't get closer than six the rest of the way.
The Rockets scored 17 points off 14 Utah turnovers ... Harden was 17-for-18 from the free throw line ... Paul Millsap had 16 points for the Jazz.
- UTAH: 93
Mar 20 10:20 PM
- UTAH: 93
End of Regulation
Mar 20 10:19 PM
- UTAH: 61
End of 3rd
Mar 20 9:42 PM
- UTAH: 33
Mar 20 9:01 PM
- UTAH: 17
End of 1st
Mar 20 8:32 PM
- UTAH: 0
1st Quarter - 11:37
Mar 20 8:12 PM
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Warriors reach second round with MVP Stephen Curry sidelined Apr 28
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27
- Rockets-Warriors Preview Apr 26
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 26
- Warriors-Rockets Game 4: most 1st-round viewers since '02 Apr 26
- Stephen Curry out at least 2 weeks with sprained right knee Apr 25