Jazz scorch SunsMar 28, 2013 - 4:21 AM
Paul Millsap and Randy Foye each had 12 points for the Jazz, who have won two straight following a four-game losing skid. Derrick Favors donated nine points and pulled down 13 boards, while Mo Williams had eight points and 10 assists in the victory.
Utah is now one-game behind the Lakers for the West's eighth playoff spot.
"The main thing is we won the ball game," Utah coach Tyrone Corbin said. "We didn't play a great game. But I thought we played well enough to win the ball game."
Wesley Johnson scored 22 points and Luis Scola had 20 and grabbed seven rebounds for the Suns, who have dropped their last four games and 10 of 12 overall.
After Utah held a manageable lead for most of the third quarter, the Suns fought back to close the stanza on 8-0 spurt after trailing by 12 with 2:28 remaining.
The hosts took a 75-71 margin into the fourth which was a lot closer than it seemed after controlling most of the contest since the second quarter.
The Jazz responded well after a poor ending to the third and scored the first 10 points in the fourth to put the game out of reach for the struggling Suns.
Jefferson had seven points during the game-changing surge which made it 85-71 with 8:58 to play. The lead swelled to 19 on Alex Burks' slam with 7:11 to play before Utah cruised to the win.
"We were there and playing well, but we weren't getting stops consistently," Scola said. "That's a problem because then you realize you're making a lot of shots, which we were, but then you miss a couple naturally in the game."
Utah held a 34-23 edge after one quarter and held the advantage for the entire second quarter and led at the break, 53-44.
Utah improved to 26-9 at home this season ... The Suns are just 7-27 on the road ... The Jazz have won three of four meetings this season ... Goran Dragic missed the game to rest ... Utah's Enes Kanter did not play due to a dislocated shoulder. He will undergo an MRI on Thursday ... The Jazz held a 56-32 edge on points in the paint.
- PHOENIX: 88
Mar 27 11:15 PM
- PHOENIX: 71
End of 3rd
Mar 27 10:47 PM
- PHOENIX: 44
Mar 27 10:06 PM
- PHOENIX: 23
End of 1st
Mar 27 9:33 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
1st Quarter - 11:46
Mar 27 9:12 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Suns remove 'interim' tag, retain Earl Watson as coach Apr 19
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- After awful season, Suns may well retain Watson as coach Apr 14
- Kobe scores 60 points in unbelievable farewell victory Apr 14
- Teletovic's 22 leads Suns past Clippers reserves, 114-105 Apr 14
- Warriors' chase, Kobe's finale highlight NBA's final night Apr 13
- Clippers-Suns Preview Apr 13