Timberwolves crush SunsMar 23, 2013 - 4:47 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Andrei Kirilenko led seven Minnesota players in double figures with 20 points as the Timberwolves cruised to a 117-86 win over the Phoenix Suns on Friday.
Dante Cunningham chipped in with 18 points and Greg Stiemsma finished with 14 points and 10 boards for the Timberwolves, who had dropped 12 of their last 15 games entering the contest.
Ricky Rubio and Luke Ridnour finished with 12 points apiece while Nikola Pekovic and Chase Budinger each added 11 in the triumph.
Luis Scola had a double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds and Goran Dragic finished with 13 points and 10 assists for the Suns, losers in six of their last seven games.
Minnesota shot 57.9 percent in the first quarter and went a perfect 9-for-9 from the free throw line to jump out to an early 31-18 lead after the first 12 minutes.
The Wolves stayed hot in the second, going 14-for-24 from the field, to stretch their lead to 67-39 at the break.
Minnesota shot 58.1 percent from the field in the first half, and scored 15 points off 11 Phoenix turnovers.
The Suns managed to cut the lead under 20 points, 84-65 with three minutes to go in the third, but Phoenix closed the quarter on an 11-4 run.
Minnesota's lead swelled to 35 in the fourth.
The Wolves snapped a nine-game road losing streak ... Stiemsma set a career high in points in a single-game ... Dragic has 10 double-doubles since the All-Star break ... The Suns are 2-7 since losing center Marcin Gortat to a foot injury.
- MINNESOTA: 117
Mar 23 12:16 AM
- MINNESOTA: 95
End of 3rd
Mar 22 11:45 PM
- MINNESOTA: 67
Mar 22 11:06 PM
- MINNESOTA: 31
End of 1st
Mar 22 10:36 PM
- MINNESOTA: 2
1st Quarter - 11:44
Mar 22 10:12 PM
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16
- AP Source: Karl-Anthony Towns is NBA Rookie of the Year May 15
- Zach LaVine wins NBA Cares Community Assist award for April May 9
- Thibodeau's role w/Wolves: 'It's about alignment, not power' Apr 26
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- Minnesota Timberwolves hire Tom Thibodeau as coach and president, Scott Layden as GM Apr 20