Durant, Thunder thump HornetsNov 17, 2012 - 4:17 AM New Orleans, LA (Sports Network) - Kevin Durant donated 27 points, nine rebounds and five assists on Friday to lead the Oklahoma City Thunder to a 110-95 thumping of the New Orleans Hornets at New Orleans Arena.
Kevin Martin poured in 27 points off the bench and Russell Westbrook recorded a double-double with 10 points and 12 assists for the Thunder, who have won six of their last seven games.
"We dominated the game," Durant remarked. "Our offense was there and we just picked our spots. We just put ourselves in good positions to score."
Ryan Anderson paced the Hornets with 15 points and seven boards, while Robin Lopez netted 12 points and Roger Mason Jr. added 11 points for New Orleans, which has lost two in a row.
"They are a really good team first of all and you can't just show up and think that you are going to play against a team like that without playing hard," Hornets coach Monty Williams said. "I didn't see our team play with force tonight and that's something that is concerning for me because that's what we've done around here."
Oklahoma City scored the first seven points of the game and never looked back en route to the wire-to-wire victory.
The Thunder shot 68.4 percent from the field in the first quarter and led by as many as 20 before taking a 36-18 advantage into the second.
Durant and Martin combined for 23 of the Thunder's 30 points in the second, as the visitors carried a 66-37 lead into the locker room.
Oklahoma City's lead peaked at 34 in the third and only dipped below 20 late in the fourth as the Thunder cruised to the double-digit victory.
The Thunder have taken five straight meetings with the Hornets ... New Orleans outscored Oklahoma City, 36-30, in the paint and outrebounded the Thunder, 40-36 ... Oklahoma City shot 54.1 percent from the field and held the Hornets to 42.3 percent shooting.
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 110
NEW ORLEANS: 95
Nov 16 10:17 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 94
NEW ORLEANS: 67
End of 3rd
Nov 16 9:48 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 66
NEW ORLEANS: 37
Nov 16 9:04 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 36
NEW ORLEANS: 18
End of 1st
Nov 16 8:34 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 2
NEW ORLEANS: 0
1st Quarter - 11:43
Nov 16 8:11 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19