Durant's triple-double leads Thunder past WarriorsNov 19, 2012 - 5:38 AM Oklahoma City, OK (Sports Network) - Kevin Durant's first career triple-double and Russell Westbrook's 30 points lifted the Oklahoma City Thunder to a 119-109 victory over the Golden State Warriors.
Durant tallied 25 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists, while Westbrook added seven assists and five steals for Oklahoma City, which has won seven of its last eight contests.
"Some guys can just pass, some guys can just shoot, some guys can just rebound. Obviously, with Kevin, he can do many things on the floor and we always have to challenge him because we don't know how good he will end up being," Thunder head coach Scott Brooks said of Durant.
Kevin Martin had 23 points off the bench in the winning effort.
Stephen Curry recorded 22 points and David Lee finished with 19 points, 10 boards and five helpers for the Warriors, who had their brief two-game winning streak snapped.
"You give up 119 points," Curry said. "That's not going to cut it."
The Warriors trailed by 21 heading into the final frame, but cut the deficit to 105-98 midway through the period following a Curry 3-pointer.
Oklahoma City, though, countered with a 10-4 swing and Durant's triple gave the hosts a 115-102 advantage with 3:27 left.
Golden State never got within single digits the rest of the way.
The Thunder took a 26-25 edge after one before Martin netted 10 in the second as the hosts led 59-46 heading into the locker room.
The margin stretched to 94-73 going into the fourth.
Durant has scored more than 25 points in six straight games after failing to accomplish the feat over his first five contests ... Oklahoma City outrebounded Golden State, 46-42.
- GOLDEN STATE: 109
OKLAHOMA CITY: 119
Nov 18 9:15 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 73
OKLAHOMA CITY: 93
End of 3rd
Nov 18 8:45 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 46
OKLAHOMA CITY: 59
Nov 18 8:02 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 25
OKLAHOMA CITY: 26
End of 1st
Nov 18 7:32 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 2
OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 11:42
Nov 18 7:11 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20