Westbrook, Thunder thump NuggetsJan 17, 2013 - 6:18 AM Oklahoma City, OK (Sports Network) - Russell Westbrook shot 12-of-20 for a game-high 32 points, as the Oklahoma City Thunder led wire-to-wire in a 117-97 victory over the Denver Nuggets.
Kevin Durant and Kevin Martin scored 20 points apiece for the Thunder, who notched their fifth win in a row behind a defense that forced 21 Nuggets turnovers.
Kosta Koufos had 16 points and nine rebounds for Denver, which had its winning streak snapped at six games. JaVale McGee donated 15 points, Andre Iguodala supplied 12 and Danilo Gallinari added 11.
Westbrook set the tone in the first quarter with 16 points as the Thunder took control early.
After opening the game on a 7-0 surge, the Thunder went up 24-10 on Westbrook's pullup jumper. A Hasheem Thabeet free throw gave Oklahoma City a 34-18 cushion after 12 minutes.
"I thought we came out with great energy from the start on both ends of the floor," said Thunder coach Scott Brooks.
The advantage grew to 60-36 when Durant followed up one of his five steals with a dunk.
Oklahoma City led comfortably at halftime, 67-47, and for the remainder of the night.
"The Thunder seemed to be the hungrier team from the very beginning," said Denver coach George Karl. "We never got into our flow and our offense just wasn't there."
Twelve different Thunder players made a field goal ... Oklahoma City shot 51.8 percent from the floor, including 47.4 percent from three-point range ... Denver's Andre Miller had a game-high 10 assists.
- DENVER: 97
OKLAHOMA CITY: 117
Jan 16 10:29 PM
- DENVER: 70
OKLAHOMA CITY: 95
End of 3rd
Jan 16 9:58 PM
- DENVER: 47
OKLAHOMA CITY: 67
Jan 16 9:15 PM
- DENVER: 18
OKLAHOMA CITY: 34
End of 1st
Jan 16 8:36 PM
- DENVER: 0
OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 11:41
Jan 16 8:11 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19