Thunder rout SunsFeb 9, 2013 - 5:36 AM Oklahoma City, OK (Sports Network) - Kevin Durant had 21 points, six rebounds and four assists in the Oklahoma City Thunder's 127-96 rout of the Phoenix Suns.
Russell Westbrook added 17 points and six assists for the Thunder, who have won three straight games since going 3-4 over their previous seven.
"We were just more aggressive," Westbrook said. "I think our crowd has a lot to do with it. I think as a team we're getting better. When teams get closer to the All-Star Break they tend to relax. I think we just want to pick it up."
Thabo Sefolosha netted 18 points, Kendrick Perkins tallied 17 points and nine rebounds and Kevin Martin poured in 16 in the triumph.
Michael Beasley finished with 25 points and seven boards for Phoenix, which has dropped six of its last eight contests.
Oklahoma City led 55-50 at the break, but pulled away midway through the third with an elongated 21-0 run.
Serge Ibaka had seven of his nine points during the surge, which was capped on Westbrook's steal and transition layup for an 81-55 spread with 3:25 left in the period.
The Thunder took a 91-70 advantage into the fourth and led by as many as 32 in the final frame.
"This is no reason to hang our heads," Phoenix coach Lindsey Hunter said. "They have played in the Finals and they know what it's like, and a lot of our guys don't. This will be a positive teaching tool for us. It's something to learn from and something to never forget."
The hosts headed into the second with a 33-27 edge.
Oklahoma City outscored Phoenix 36-20 in the third ... Oklahoma City shot 57.5 percent (50-of-87) from the field ... The Thunder scored 29 points off 17 Phoenix turnovers.
- PHOENIX: 96
OKLAHOMA CITY: 127
Feb 8 10:17 PM
- PHOENIX: 70
OKLAHOMA CITY: 91
End of 3rd
Feb 8 9:48 PM
- PHOENIX: 50
OKLAHOMA CITY: 55
Feb 8 9:03 PM
- PHOENIX: 27
OKLAHOMA CITY: 33
End of 1st
Feb 8 8:33 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 11:41
Feb 8 8:11 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19