Thunder dispatch Suns to take weekend seriesFeb 11, 2013 - 5:15 AM Phoenix Suns turned into another rout for the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Russell Westbrook had 24 points, six assists and four steals in the Thunder's wire-to-wire 97-69 win over the Suns.
The Thunder topped the Suns by 31 in the front end of a back-to-back between the squads on Friday in Oklahoma City.
Thabo Sefolosha netted 20 points, while Kevin Durant added 18 points and seven rebounds for Oklahoma City, which has won four in a row.
Thunder have won 10 straight against Phoenix.
Markieff Morris tallied 12 points off the bench to lead the Suns, who have dropped seven of their last nine tilts.
The Suns' 69 points was one off the franchise low of 68 in 1981 against Kansas City.
"I have been part of teams that struggled that bad offensively," Phoenix coach Lindsey Hunter admitted. "You play a lot of basketball, then you see a lot of things so nothing is really new. It is like having a bad day at work and you go to work and nothing goes right for you."
The Thunder began the contest on a 10-2 run and never looked back.
The visitors led 27-16 after a quarter of play and took a 51-34 spread into the break.
Oklahoma City had a 74-48 cushion after three and led by as many as 35 in the final frame.
"Anytime you can hold an NBA team three straight quarters under 20 and almost the fourth quarter under 20 is a lot of good defensive intensity and toughness," Oklahoma City coach Scott Brooks said. "I thought our guys did a good job defensively and offensively."
The Thunder scored 25 points off of 23 Phoenix turnovers ... The Suns shot a season-low 33 percent (30-of-91) from the floor ... Oklahoma City went 9-of-17 from beyond the arc.
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 97
Feb 10 10:24 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 74
End of 3rd
Feb 10 9:53 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 51
Feb 10 9:09 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 27
End of 1st
Feb 10 8:37 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 11:37
Feb 10 8:11 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19