Thunder roll over BullsFeb 25, 2013 - 6:47 AM
Russell Westbrook had 23 points in the Thunder's 102-72 win over the Chicago Bulls.
Oklahoma City had allowed at least 109 points in each of its last four contests when it went 1-3.
Kevin Durant registered 19 points, though on only 6-of-19 shooting, to go with 16 rebounds and six assists for the Thunder, who held the Bulls to a season- low 29.1 percent (25-of-86) from the floor.
"We made them miss tonight. We got a hand up, we clogged the paint. We just made the second and third efforts, and once we do that, we're a pretty good defensive team," Durant said.
Luol Deng and Nate Robinson both netted 13 points to lead Chicago, which has dropped six of its last nine tilts.
OKC took a 24-16 lead after one and a 49-36 advantage into the break, but blew the game open in the third.
The Thunder began the frame on a 12-3 run. Ibaka hit a 3-pointer to start the surge and capped it with a jumper for a 61-39 OKC edge. The Thunder led by as many as 29 near the latter stages of the period before taking a 80-54 cushion into the final frame.
The margin reached its apex at 32 in the fourth.
"The way we competed was just embarrassing," Bulls center Joakim Noah said.
Serge Ibaka finished with 17 points and 10 boards for Oklahoma City ... The Thunder shot 45.6 percent (36-of-79) from the field ... Chicago turned the ball over 18 times, which led to 25 OKC points.
- CHICAGO: 72
OKLAHOMA CITY: 102
Feb 25 12:01 AM
- CHICAGO: 54
OKLAHOMA CITY: 80
End of 3rd
Feb 24 11:28 PM
- CHICAGO: 36
OKLAHOMA CITY: 49
Feb 24 10:44 PM
- CHICAGO: 16
OKLAHOMA CITY: 24
End of 1st
Feb 24 10:03 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 11:47
Feb 24 9:41 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19