Bulls handle WarriorsMar 16, 2013 - 6:08 AM Chicago Bulls to a much-needed 113-95 win over the Golden State Warriors on Friday.
Nate Robinson added 20 points and seven assists and Joakim Noah finished with 16 points and 13 rebounds for the Bulls, who had dropped six of their last nine games entering the contest.
"I do know we have pride," Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said. "We've taken a hit. We've lost some guys along the way. Our guys will battle. We know that we're short-handed. But if we have the right intensity and we do it collectively, we have a chance. And we've shown it throughout the year."
Jarrett Jack scored 20 points and David Lee added 15 with eight rebounds for the Warriors, who have dropped seven of their last 11 games.
Golden State guard Stephen Curry, who averaged 22.2 points per game entering the contest, was held to just eight points on 2-of-13 shooting.
"This was an embarrassing performance by us, point blank," said Curry.
Chicago held a slim 28-27 lead after the first quarter, but outscored the Warriors 28-19 in the second to take a 56-46 lead into the break. Jimmy Butler scored all nine of his points in the frame and Nate Robinson added seven.
The Bulls exploded for 38 points in the third while holding the Warriors to just 4-of-16 shooting from the floor. Boozer and Robinson scored 11 and nine points, respectively, in the frame as the team went 13-for-21 from the floor and a perfect 3-for-3 from downtown.
Chicago's lead swelled to 36 points in the fourth, and the Warriors got no closer than 18.
Chicago shot 51.8 percent from the floor ... Marco Belinelli finished with 13 points for the Bulls ... Chicago outscored Golden State 44-32 in the paint ... Kent Bazemore scored a career-high 14 points off the bench for the Warriors.
- CHICAGO: 113
GOLDEN STATE: 95
Mar 16 12:49 AM
- CHICAGO: 94
GOLDEN STATE: 63
End of 3rd
Mar 16 12:20 AM
- CHICAGO: 56
GOLDEN STATE: 46
Mar 15 11:34 PM
- CHICAGO: 28
GOLDEN STATE: 27
End of 1st
Mar 15 11:03 PM
- CHICAGO: 2
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:38
Mar 15 10:41 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19