Nuggets top Rockets for 20th straight home victoryApr 7, 2013 - 5:39 AM
Andre Iguodala added 18 points, 14 assists and seven rebounds for the Nuggets, who also won 20 in a row at home from Jan. 9-March 30, 1985.
Evan Fournier donated 17 points for Denver, which has won four in a row, sits third in the Western Conference. The Nuggets played their first game without forward Danilo Gallinari, who suffered a season-ending knee injury in Thursday's 95-94 win over the Dallas Mavericks.
"We have a very deep team and we had a lot of players step up. Basically the whole team stepped up," Chandler said.
Jeremy Lin ended with 23 points and eight assists for the Rockets, who had a four-game winning streak snapped. James Harden and Terrence Jones tallied 14 and 13 points, respectively.
Houston, which has lost seven straight against Denver, sits seventh in the West.
"I think throwing the ball to them was a bigger focal point," Rockets coach Kevin McHale said. "They had 32 points off our turnovers and 18 points off offensive rebounds. There's no defense for throwing them the ball for a layup. It's hard to overcome."
Down 12-4 with 8 1/2 minutes left in the first quarter, Houston scored 16 straight points to grab a 20-12 lead. The Rockets held a 35-25 margin after 12 minutes.
Denver caught fire in the second stanza, scoring 39 points while shooting 66.7 percent from the field. The Nuggets started the frame on a 17-4 run to take a 45-41 margin.
Chandler scored Denver's final eight points of the half to give the home team a 64-56 lead.
The Nuggets outscored the Rockets by a 38-27 margin in the third quarter to take a 102-83 margin into the fourth.
The Nuggets improved to 35-3 at home this season ... Denver shot 54.5 percent and went 11-of-25 from beyond the arc ... Andre Miller had 11 points and 12 assists for the Nuggets.
- HOUSTON: 114
Apr 6 11:25 PM
- HOUSTON: 83
End of 3rd
Apr 6 10:53 PM
- HOUSTON: 56
Apr 6 10:09 PM
- HOUSTON: 35
End of 1st
Apr 6 9:38 PM
- HOUSTON: 0
1st Quarter - 11:40
Apr 6 9:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Warriors reach second round with MVP Stephen Curry sidelined Apr 28
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27
- Rockets-Warriors Preview Apr 26
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 26
- Warriors-Rockets Game 4: most 1st-round viewers since '02 Apr 26
- Stephen Curry out at least 2 weeks with sprained right knee Apr 25
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 24