Clippers get 12th straight home winJan 6, 2013 - 7:04 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - The Los Angeles Clippers exacted revenge and set a franchise mark for consecutive home wins.
Chris Paul tallied 27 points and nine assists in the Clippers' 12th straight home victory, a 115-89 rout of the Golden State Warriors.
Los Angeles was routed by the Warriors in Oakland, 115-94, Wednesday and had prevailed against the Clippers in both contests this season.
"They beat us twice and we wanted to protect our home court," Paul said.
Blake Griffin added 20 points for the Clippers, who have won two straight following a brief two-game skid. Their previous best mark for consecutive home wins was during the 1978-79 season when the franchise was located in San Diego. This was their 19th victory in 21 games.
Klay Thompson had 14 points to lead Golden State, which had a four-game winning streak snapped.
"We didn't play well, they were a step faster and played with an edge. They had us on our heels, they played like they wanted to send a message. We did not respond, we'll soak it in and remember it," Warriors head coach Mark Jackson said.
The Clippers jumped all over the Warriors right from the opening tip.
Los Angeles used a 15-2 run to take a 23-8 advantage late in the first before heading into the second with a 35-12 cushion.
The 20-point barrier was breached following Paul's 3-pointer early in the second and the hosts headed into the locker room with a commanding 67-43 spread.
The Clippers led 103-66 after three and the margin peaked at 39 in the final frame.
Golden State turned the ball over 16 times, which led to 23 Clipper points ... Los Angeles, meanwhile, gave the ball away just nine times ... The Clippers shot 52.2 percent (47-of-90) from the field.
- GOLDEN STATE: 89
LOS ANGELES: 115
Jan 6 12:53 AM
- GOLDEN STATE: 66
LOS ANGELES: 103
End of 3rd
Jan 6 12:26 AM
- GOLDEN STATE: 43
LOS ANGELES: 67
Jan 5 11:44 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 12
LOS ANGELES: 35
End of 1st
Jan 5 11:08 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
1st Quarter - 11:40
Jan 5 10:41 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19