Harden, Rockets drop WarriorsFeb 13, 2013 - 7:45 AM
Chandler Parsons had 21 points, nine assists and eight rebounds and Jeremy Lin scored 14 points and dished out 10 assists for the Rockets, winners in seven of their last 10 games.
"If we get ball and body movement, we're hard to guard," Rockets head coach Kevin McHale said.
Omer Asik scored 13 points and grabbed 15 boards, Patrick Patterson and Marcus Morris each netted 12 and Carlos Delfino chipped in with 10 points in the win.
Stephen Curry scored 27 points, while Klay Thompson and Jarrett Jack finished with 22 points apiece for the Warriors, who have dropped a season-high five straight.
"I thought for 48 minutes we didn't defend our brand, so it's been consistent with what we've done the last four games," Warriors head coach Mark Jackson said.
In the last meeting between these teams the Rockets tied an NBA record with 23 3-pointers in a 140-109 blowout. The game ended in controversy after Warriors coach Mark Jackson instructed his team to foul to prevent Houston from tying the mark.
A minor scuffle led to the ejections of Morris and Warriors forward Draymond Green late in the game, but things seemed to be calmer a week later.
Houston went just 10-for-34 from 3-point range on Tuesday.
The Warriors led 61-59 early in the third quarter, but a 14-6 flurry put Houston ahead by six with just under seven minutes left in the frame.
Jack's triple pulled the Warriors within 75-72 at the 5:19 mark, but the Rockets closed the quarter on a 13-7 burst to take an 88-79 lead into the final frame.
Golden State got within five early in the fourth, but never got closer the rest of the way.
The Warriors led 34-30 after the first quarter, but the Rockets outscored Golden State, 27-22, in the second to take a 57-56 lead at the break.
Houston outscored the Warriors, 48-38, in the paint ... Harden went just 7- for-22 from field goal range, but finished 11-for-11 from the free throw line ... Jack tied a career-high with 4 3-pointers.
- HOUSTON: 116
GOLDEN STATE: 107
Feb 13 12:53 AM
- HOUSTON: 88
GOLDEN STATE: 79
End of 3rd
Feb 13 12:20 AM
- HOUSTON: 57
GOLDEN STATE: 56
Feb 12 11:41 PM
- HOUSTON: 30
GOLDEN STATE: 34
End of 1st
Feb 12 11:08 PM
- HOUSTON: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:45
Feb 12 10:45 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19