Bulls rout JazzNov 9, 2013 - 5:35 AM Chicago Bulls routed the Utah Jazz, 97-73, on Friday.
Carlos Boozer added 18 points and 10 boards, while Derrick Rose chipped in 12 points and five assists for Chicago, which had lost three of its first four tilts to begin the campaign. Joakim Noah registered 14 points and eight rebounds in the victory.
"I thought there was a lot of unselfish play, guys making the extra pass," Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau said.
Gordon Hayward tallied 15 points, six rebounds and five helpers for the Jazz, who are the only remaining winless team in the NBA. Derrick Favors netted 10 points to go with nine boards in defeat.
"We can't feel sorry for ourselves, we just got to keep fighting," Jazz head coach Tyrone Corbin said.
The Jazz shot just 29.4 percent (25-of-85) from the floor.
Chicago had already held a comfortable 53-42 cushion early in the third before an elongated 23-8 burst put the game out of reach. Boozer had 11 points during the surge, which Taj Gibson capped with a pair of free throws to make it 76-50 late in the third.
The Bulls took a 78-56 advantage into the fourth, where the hosts cruised until the final horn.
Earlier, Deng, Boozer and Rose all netted seven points apiece in the opening frame as the hosts led 30-18 after a quarter of play.
The Jazz never got within less than nine in the second as Chicago entered the break with a 51-40 advantage.
Taj Gibson had 12 points off the bench for Chicago ... Rudy Gobert pulled down a game-high 12 boards off the pine for the Jazz ... The Bulls outrebounded the Jazz, 48-40.
Nov 8 10:24 PM
- UTAH: 56
End of 3rd
Nov 8 9:55 PM
- UTAH: 40
Nov 8 9:12 PM
- UTAH: 18
End of 1st
Nov 8 8:35 PM
- UTAH: 0
1st Quarter - 11:44
Nov 8 8:12 PM
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14
- Kobe scores 60 points in unbelievable farewell victory Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Bulls wipe out big early deficit, pound 76ers 115-105 Apr 14
- Jerry Colangelo insists he had no role in 76ers hiring son Apr 13