Spurs handle Wizards for sixth straight winNov 14, 2013 - 5:42 AM
Boris Diaw added 15 points, Kawhi Leonard chipped in with 13 and Tiago Splitter finished with 12 points and nine boards for the Spurs, who won their sixth straight game to improve to 8-1.
Manu Ginobili and Marco Belinelli added 10 points apiece in the win.
Martell Webster scored a game-high 21 points to go with 10 rebounds and Bradley Beal scored 19 for the Wizards, who dropped their third straight game.
John Wall had 14 points and eight rebounds, but went 5-for-19 from the field in the setback.
"We knew we had to stop guys like John Wall and Bradley Beal because they had been playing very well," said Parker. "I thought our team did well overall on pick-and-rolls and transition defense. I think this is where we want to be defensively."
The Spurs raced out to a 14-3 lead and led 25-17 after the first quarter.
San Antonio's lead swelled to 19 points following a Parker runner, but the Wizards managed to cut the lead to 52-42 following Beal's jumper as time expired in the first half.
Washington continued to chip away, slicing its deficit to three, 60-57, with 3 1/2 minutes left in the third, but the Spurs closed the frame on a 10-0 run for a 70-57 lead entering the final frame.
"We worked our butt off to get (the 19-point deficit) down to three. And then we just made dumb mistakes on both ends of the floor. We got away from what got us there," said Beal.
San Antonio led by as many 25 in the fourth quarter en route to the lopsided win.
The Spurs outscored the Wizards 52-30 in the paint ... San Antonio's bench outscored the Washington reserves, 49-30 ... The Spurs shot 50.6 percent (39-77) from the floor and limited the Wizards to just 36.3 percent (33- for-91) efficiency ... The Wizards failed to score 100 points for just the second time this season.
Nov 13 10:37 PM
- WASHINGTON: 57
SAN ANTONIO: 70
End of 3rd
Nov 13 10:11 PM
- WASHINGTON: 42
SAN ANTONIO: 52
Nov 13 9:35 PM
- WASHINGTON: 17
SAN ANTONIO: 25
End of 1st
Nov 13 9:06 PM
- WASHINGTON: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 2
1st Quarter - 11:41
Nov 13 8:42 PM
- Spurs-Thunder Preview May 23
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 11