Thornton, Kings crush NetsNov 14, 2013 - 7:24 AM Sacramento, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - Marcus Thornton scored a game-high 24 points to lead the Sacramento Kings in a 107-86 rout of the Brooklyn Nets at Sleep Train Arena.
Isaiah Thomas added 19 points and Greivis Vasquez had 17 points and 12 assists for the Kings, who snapped a five-game skid.
"It's good...first win in November," Thomas said of snapping the skid. "Every win is important and you're only as good as your last game so I feel like we're pretty good right now."
Brook Lopez scored 16 points to go with nine rebounds, while Deron Williams and Shaun Livingston finished with 13 points apiece for the Nets, who are off to a disappointing 2-5 start.
"There's a process that we have to go through," Nets head coach Jason Kidd said of the team's struggles. "This is something that you're going to go through as a team at some point in the season it just happens that we're going through it a little bit earlier than we expected."
The Kings led 23-19 after a back-and-forth first quarter.
Thornton, who buried four 3-pointers, capped a 19-5 run with a trey from the corner to give Sacramento a 41-23 lead just past the midway point of the quarter.
Brooklyn clawed its way back into the game as Paul Pierce buried a pair of free throws to make it 43-36 with 2:10 remaining, but the Kings closed the half with a 9-4 flurry for a 52-40 spread.
Sacramento's lead swelled to 23 several times in the third quarter, and Brooklyn couldn't get closer than 13 the rest of the way.
Sacramento scored 20 points off 15 Brooklyn turnovers, while giving it away just seven times ... The Kings' bench outscored the Nets' reserves 57-29 ... The Nets shot just 37.8 percent (31-for-82) and went just 3-for-13 from 3- point range.
Nov 14 12:20 AM
- BROOKLYN: 59
End of 3rd
Nov 13 11:47 PM
- BROOKLYN: 40
Nov 13 11:10 PM
- BROOKLYN: 19
End of 1st
Nov 13 10:40 PM
- BROOKLYN: 0
1st Quarter - 11:45
Nov 13 10:15 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Tuesday's Sports in Brief Apr 20
- AP Sources: Kings to interview Del Negro, Jackson, Mitchell Apr 20