Anderson, Pelicans pound SixersNov 17, 2013 - 7:33 AM Philadelphia 76ers, 135-98, at New Orleans Arena
Anthony Davis had a near triple-double with 13 points, nine rebounds and eight blocks, while former Sixer Jrue Holiday netted 14 points with 12 assists.
Darius Morris led the Sixers with 20 points and Tony Wroten, who started in place of injured rookie Michael Carter-Williams for the third straight game, added 19 points.
"Fortunately, today was more misses for them," Holiday said. "We got a lot more stops and shared the ball really well."
Carter-Williams is nursing a bruised arch in his left foot.
New Orleans ended the first quarter on a 20-7 run spurred by Anderson, who had 10 straight Pelican points in a 2 1/2 minute span toward the end of the frame, to take a 34-22 lead at period's end.
Anderson missed the Pelicans' first nine games due to a broken toe in his right foot.
New Orleans began the second quarter in similar fashion as it ended the first, outscoring the Sixers 20-7 through the first six minutes of the second stanza to go up by a 54-29 count.
The lead swelled to 61-31 after Davis hit two free throws with 4:24 left in the first half and the flood gates were opened.
Philadelphia trailed 67-46 at the break and New Orleans' second-half lead grew to as many as 39.
Eric Gordon scored 19 points for New Orleans, while Brian Roberts tallied 14 off the bench on 3-of-5 shooting from 3-point range in the win.
Spencer Hawes scored 14 points for Philadelphia, while Thaddeus Young and James Anderson added 11 apiece.
"They were using their own strategy against us," Young said. "They did a pretty good job of just pushing the basketball."
New Orleans had 16 blocked shots; the Sixers had only two ... The Pelicans shot 46.4 percent (13-of-28) from beyond the arc ... Eight Pelicans scored in double figures ... New Orleans continues its three-game homestand with a matchup against the Jazz on Wednesday ... Philadelphia will look to salvage the finale of its three-game road swing with a matchup against the Dallas Mavericks on Monday.
Nov 16 10:26 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 66
NEW ORLEANS: 103
End of 3rd
Nov 16 9:55 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 46
NEW ORLEANS: 67
Nov 16 9:10 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 22
NEW ORLEANS: 34
End of 1st
Nov 16 8:35 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 0
NEW ORLEANS: 0
1st Quarter - 11:38
Nov 16 8:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30