Hill, Lakers down PistonsNov 18, 2013 - 5:36 AM Los Angeles Lakers defeated the Detroit Pistons, 114-99, on Sunday night.
Steve Blake dished out 16 assists, while Nick Young and Jodie Meeks netted 19 points apiece for Los Angeles, which had dropped four of its last five tilts coming in.
Brandon Jennings registered 23 points and 14 assists, while Andre Drummond added 14 points and 13 boards for the Pistons, who have lost five of their last six contests.
The Lakers scored 16 straight points during a furious rally that spanned the third and fourth quarters, Detroit, meanwhile, was held without a field goal for 5:07.
"We got ourselves in a hole and couldn't get out," Pistons head coach Maurice Cheeks said.
Rodney Stuckey's layup gave the Pistons a 71-69 lead before Los Angeles went on its tear. Young knocked down a pair of triples to start the surge and back- to-back buckets by Hill capped it, giving the Lakers a comfortable 85-71 spread with 10:35 left in the fourth.
"Once we got the energy going, the shots started falling," Young said.
Detroit never got within less than 10 the rest of the way.
The Pistons led 29-27 after a quarter of play and Jennings' pass off the backboard to Drummond for a throwdown highlighted the second frame.
Detroit took a 56-50 edge into the break.
Lakers guard Kobe Bryant returned Saturday for his first practice with teammates since tearing his Achilles in April ... Pistons guard Chauncey Billups missed his second straight game with knee tendinitis.
Nov 17 11:46 PM
- DETROIT: 71
LOS ANGELES: 79
End of 3rd
Nov 17 11:15 PM
- DETROIT: 56
LOS ANGELES: 50
Nov 17 10:35 PM
- DETROIT: 29
LOS ANGELES: 27
End of 1st
Nov 17 10:02 PM
- DETROIT: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
1st Quarter - 11:44
Nov 17 9:41 PM
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Jim McMillian, forward on '72 Lakers title team, dead at 68 May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- LeBron says Curry deserves MVP, debates meaning of award May 11
- Stephen Curry is first unanimous NBA MVP, takes honor again May 10
- Kobe Bryant's animated short gets assist from John Williams May 5
- Former Lakers coach Byron Scott 'shocked' over firing May 5