Hibbert helps Pacers overcome shorthanded SixersNov 24, 2013 - 7:01 AM
Paul George added 19 points, while David West tallied 17 points, 11 boards and six assists for Indiana, which has won three straight and remained unbeaten at home.
"He's always anchoring the paint for us," George said of Hibbert. "We know that if anything is breaking down we have the best rim protector. It's good for us, bad for him, because he's taking a lot of pounding down there. He's always there."
Michael Carter-Williams filled the stat sheet with 29 points, seven steals, six rebounds and three assists for the Sixers, who had just nine dressed players. Evan Turner had 21 points and 11 rebounds, but was just 8-of-26 from the floor.
"I don't know of many seven footers that you can attack 25 times and only have two fouls called against him," Turner said of Hibbert. "To be successful like that at a 95 percent clip, that doesn't make any sense to me."
Friday's hero Spencer Hawes sat with left knee soreness, guard Tony Wroten missed the tilt with a lower back strain and forward Thaddeus Young wasn't with the team for personal reasons.
Hollis Thompson's left wing 3-pointer gave the Sixers their largest lead at 85-81 with 7:06 left before Indiana countered with a 12-1 run.
Hibbert had a 3-point play and capped the surge with four straight free throws for a 93-86 Indiana margin with 4:57 remaining.
Carter-Williams made a pair of foul shots to whittle the deficit to 102-98 with 55.3 ticks on the clock, but Lance Stephenson's offensive rebound and putback at the other end with 40 seconds left all but sealed the outcome.
Earlier, the Pacers led 25-22 after a quarter of play and 56-52 heading into the break.
Philly shot just 29.2 percent (7-of-24) in the third as Indiana took a 77-66 cushion into the final frame.
Indiana led by as many as 11 ... The Pacers shot 46.1 percent (35-of-76) from the floor, while Philadelphia shot 34.3 percent (35-of-102) from the field and just 16 percent (4-of-25) from beyond the arc.
Nov 23 9:35 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 66
End of 3rd
Nov 23 8:53 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 52
Nov 23 8:12 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 22
End of 1st
Nov 23 7:38 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 3
1st Quarter - 11:46
Nov 23 7:18 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16