Nets fall to PistonsNov 25, 2013 - 1:02 AM Detroit Pistons defeated the Brooklyn Nets, 109-97, on Sunday afternoon.
Greg Monroe tallied 18 points and 11 rebounds, while Brandon Jennings added 14 points and 10 assists for Detroit, which had lost seven of its last nine games coming in.
"Road wins are hard to get. Anytime you get a road win it's huge," Pistons head coach Maurice Cheeks said.
Joe Johnson scored 34 points as the last-place Nets dropped their fifth straight tilt.
"Part of it is turnovers, we foul a lot on defense. We just have to do a better job across the board," Nets swingman Paul Pierce said.
The Pistons trailed 51-44 at the break, but outscored Brooklyn 34-15 in the third to seize control of the contest.
Jennings had six points during Detroit's 14-4 run to start the second half as the Pistons built a 59-55 advantage.
Stuckey then capped a 9-2 flurry to end the third with a driving bank shot to give Detroit a 78-66 lead heading into the fourth where the Pistons led by as many as 16.
Earlier, the Pistons led 23-19 after a quarter of play, but a 10-3 Brooklyn run late in the second helped the hosts take its seven-point spread into the locker room.
Detroit netted 29 points off 18 Brooklyn turnovers ... Josh Smith had 13 points and eight rebounds for the Pistons, while Pierce scored 19 points.
Nov 24 4:29 PM
- DETROIT: 78
End of 3rd
Nov 24 3:48 PM
- DETROIT: 44
Nov 24 3:03 PM
- DETROIT: 23
End of 1st
Nov 24 2:36 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 11:41
Nov 24 2:13 PM
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Apr 28
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Apr 27
- Owners of Pistons, Cavs trying to bring MLS to Detroit Apr 26
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Apr 25
- NBA: No foul on Jackson's shot to end Cavs' win over Pistons Apr 25
- No heartbreak: Cavs' sweep saves Bieber concert in Cleveland Apr 25