George and Hill help Pacers down T'WolvesNov 26, 2013 - 4:29 AM
George, who was 4-of-4 from beyond the arc, also tallied eight rebounds, four steals and four assists for Indiana, which remained unbeaten (8-0) at home. Hill added seven assists and five steals.
"It was our defense," Pacers head coach Frank Vogel said. "We limited them to very few second shots and were more aggressive to score."
Kevin Love had 20 points and 17 rebounds for the Timberwolves, who have dropped four of their last five tilts. Nikola Pekovic registered 18 points and 11 boards in defeat.
The Pacers led 73-68 after three and opened the fourth on a 17-5 run to put the game away. George's dunk and runner began the burst and Luis Scola's three-point play capped it to make it 90-73 with 5:01 left.
"We knew coming in that they were a second half team, but we turned the ball over and gave them a lot of easy looks," Love said.
Earlier, George nailed a pair of triples and Hill added one from distance during an 11-2 flurry, which staked the Pacers an early 20-10 advantage midway through the first.
Minnesota netted the final eight points of the frame to cut the gap to 28-24 heading into the second.
Indiana led 48-46 at the break.
Lance Stephenson had 11 points and eight rebounds for Indiana ... The Pacers held a 52-36 points in the paint advantage ... Minnesota shot just 32.6 percent (29-of-89) from the field.
Nov 25 9:15 PM
- MINNESOTA: 68
End of 3rd
Nov 25 8:47 PM
- MINNESOTA: 46
Nov 25 8:07 PM
- MINNESOTA: 24
End of 1st
Nov 25 7:35 PM
- MINNESOTA: 3
1st Quarter - 11:41
Nov 25 7:12 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16