Hot-shooting Rockets down HawksNov 28, 2013 - 4:25 AM Houston Rockets made 14 3-pointers on the way to a 113-84 win over the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday night.
Garcia and Brooks combined to go 7-of-12 on 3s and Houston shot 51.9 percent as a team from beyond the arc.
Chandler Parsons and Terrence Jones both added 14 points for the Rockets, who have won three in a row without injured guard James Harden (sore foot) and six of their last seven games overall.
Houston shot 55.1 percent overall from the floor but guard Jeremy Lin left with a right knee contusion, playing only 4:09.
Rockets coach Kevin McHale said X-rays were negative, but that Lin was "still hobbling around in there pretty badly."
"I think what happened is that he got hit right on the nerve so he pinched a nerve and his leg just kind of went numb and he couldn't push off on it," said McHale. "I don't know. I sure hope he gets a lot better by tomorrow but he said he can walk. I guess we'll see."
Paul Millsap had 16 points to lead the Hawks, who have lost three straight. Al Horford and Cartier Martin added 14 points apiece and John Jenkins scored 13.
Atlanta guard Jeff Teague, who averages close to 18 points per game, was held to just four points on 0-for-5 shooting in the loss.
"I think their defense was good and I think it just wasn't one of his better games." said Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer. "I think you have to give the defense credit, though."
Jones scored nine points in the first quarter and the Rockets started red-hot, shooting 63.2 percent in the frame and opening the game on an 18-6 run behind six points from Jones.
Houston was up 30-19 going into the second quarter and stretched it to 35-21 before a 17-6 Hawks run, keyed by a trio of Martin 3-pointers, got Atlanta within three.
But the Rockets scored 12 of the next 14 points on the way to a 56-45 lead at halftime behind Jones' 14 points and 12 from Parsons.
The Hawks got within five points in the third quarter after a 13-3 run, but Houston led 77-67 going into the fourth and gradually pulled away, shooting 65 percent over the final 12 minutes.
Brooks had 11 of his 21 points in the fourth, hitting two 3-pointers.
The Rockets remain at home to play the Brooklyn Nets on Friday ... The Hawks are home against the Dallas Mavericks on Friday.
Nov 27 10:15 PM
- ATLANTA: 67
End of 3rd
Nov 27 9:48 PM
- ATLANTA: 45
Nov 27 9:05 PM
- ATLANTA: 19
End of 1st
Nov 27 8:36 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:48
Nov 27 8:12 PM
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Love, James lead Cavs to another sweep, 100-99 over Hawks May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 8
- Cavaliers-Hawks Preview May 7
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 7
- Frye leads another 3-point barrage, Cavs beat Hawks 121-108 May 7
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 7