Holiday stars in return to PhillyNov 30, 2013 - 6:34 AM Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - Jrue Holiday had 20 points and 13 assists in his return to Philadelphia, and the New Orleans Pelicans beat the 76ers, 121-105, Friday night.
Eric Gordon scored 26 points and had seven assists for the Pelicans. Anthony Davis scored 22 points and grabbed 10 rebounds. Ryan Anderson added 18 points and eight rebounds, as the Pelicans snapped a four-game road skid.
Holiday, who was traded to the Pelicans on draft night, shot 8-of-13 from the field and had seven rebounds. He was Philadelphia's lone All-Star a season ago.
"It's always good to get a win on the road in this league. Coming here tonight against the Sixers was nice. But truthfully, I'm just happy to get the win," said Holiday.
Tony Wroten scored a career-high 24, Evan Turner had 22 and Thaddeus Young added 15 points and 12 rebounds for the 76ers, who have lost nine of their last 11 games.
"We're not even 20 games in yet, so you can't really get too up and down emotionally. You just have to find a way to figure it out and keep working," said Turner.
With 6:32 left in the second quarter Philadelphia saw its last lead of the game following a Spencer Hawes 3-pointer. That gave the Sixers a 43-42 edge. The Pelicans responded with a 15-2 spurt, finished by Davis' layup. Holiday drained a 3-pointer during the run, and came up with a steal that led to a Tyreke Evans dunk.
Philadelphia brought the lead down to 61-55 at the half.
Just 1:51 into the second half the Pelicans went on an 11-0 run to stretch the lead to 76-62. Philadelphia rallied to within five points with 1:55 left in the third following a Turner jumper, but the Pelicans ended the period with an 87-77 advantage.
The Pelicans were ahead as many as 18 in the last quarter.
Hawes added 12 points and nine rebounds and Michael Carter-Williams had 10 points and 10 assists for Philadelphia ... Evans scored 16 points.
Nov 29 10:19 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 87
End of 3rd
Nov 29 9:44 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 61
Nov 29 9:04 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 35
End of 1st
Nov 29 8:37 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 0
1st Quarter - 11:42
Nov 29 8:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30