Bucks top CelticsDec 1, 2013 - 6:20 AM Boston Celtics on Saturday.
John Henson added 13 points and 13 rebounds and rookie Giannis Antetokounmpo chipped in with 10 points and seven boards for the Bucks, who snapped an 11- game losing streak.
"It feels good to get that monkey off your back. It really does. Especially the way we did it. Shorthanded as we were and playing some guys out of position," said Bucks coach Larry Drew.
Jared Sullinger scored 21 points to go with 14 rebounds, while Jeff Green and Jordan Crawford added 18 points apiece for the Celtics, who had won three of their last four entering the contest.
"We moved the ball against the zone and attacked where we wanted to," Celtics coach Brad Stevens said. "We just didn't make as many as we wanted to."
These teams will meet again Tuesday in Boston.
Gary Neal's jumper with 7:24 remaining made it 80-63. The Celtics, though, used a 19-10 flurry to pull within 90-83 with 50 seconds remaining, but it would be as close as they would get the rest of the way.
The teams remained within two possessions throughout the first six minutes. Crawford nailed a jumper to spark a 12-2 burst to put Boston ahead by 11 and the Celtics led 27-19 after the first 12 minutes.
Milwaukee opened the second quarter with a 17-5 run to take a 36-32 lead with 5:44 left. The Bucks' lead swelled to eight before taking a 47-41 edge into the break.
Boston couldn't get closer than three in the third quarter and Milwaukee led 70-63 entering the final frame.
Milwaukee's Caron Butler missed his second straight game with a swollen knee ... Bucks forward Ersan Ilyasova did not play after suffering a hamstring injury in Friday's loss to Charlotte ... Boston outscored Milwaukee in the paint by a 46-30 margin.
Nov 30 11:18 PM
- BOSTON: 63
End of 3rd
Nov 30 10:49 PM
- BOSTON: 41
Nov 30 10:00 PM
- BOSTON: 27
End of 1st
Nov 30 9:41 PM
- BOSTON: 0
1st Quarter - 11:45
Nov 30 9:11 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Hawks confident heading into 2nd round rematch with Cavs Apr 29
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Apr 29
- Hawks, Celtics alone on playoff stage in close out game Apr 28
- Stevens: Celtics' Thomas on track to play Game 6 vs. Hawks Apr 27
- Hawks-Celtics Preview Apr 27
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 26