Hot start gets Pistons past SixersDec 2, 2013 - 1:50 AM Detroit Pistons never trailed in a 115-100 win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Sunday.
Brandon Jennings added 20 points and 12 assists and Josh Smith also scored 20 for the Pistons, who snapped a two-game losing streak to finish a homestand 2-2. Rodney Stuckey chipped in 17 points off the bench.
"It was a great team win," said Drummond. "It was a big game for me."
Thaddeus Young had 24 points and Evan Turner scored 20 for the Sixers, who have lost four in a row overall and seven straight on the road.
Michael Carter-Williams added 15 points, six rebounds, six assists and six steals in the loss, which dropped Philadelphia to 2-10 in its last 12 games since a surprising 4-2 start to the season.
"We have to fight through it," said Carter-Williams.
The Pistons opened the game on a 13-2 run and shot 66.7 percent in the first quarter for a 40-25 lead at the horn. They had 15 assists on 16 field goals in the quarter.
The lead reached 18 two minutes into the second quarter and ballooned to 25 on Jennings' 3-pointer with 1:51 left in the first half.
Detroit shot 55.1 percent in the half for a 70-46 lead going into the break. Five players scored in double digits, led by 14 from Drummond and 13 apiece from Jennings and Stuckey. Drummond (11 rebounds) and (Jennings (11 assists) both had double-doubles by halftime.
Carter-Williams and Young scored eight apiece to lead the Sixers, who shot 39.1 percent in the half.
Philadelphia whittled a 25-point deficit down to 10 late in the third quarter, getting within 92-82 on Turner's late 3-pointer. But the Pistons took a 94-82 lead into the fourth and stretched it to 20 points 3 1/2 minutes in.
The Sixers never got closer than 13 the rest of the way and were out-shot 46.1 percent to 43.2 percent.
The Sixers scored 26 points off 23 Pistons turnovers ... Philadelphia has lost all of its road games since winning at Washington on Nov. 1 in its second game of the season ... The Pistons go on the road for three straight starting in Miami on Tuesday ... The Sixers are home against the Orlando Magic on Tuesday.
Dec 1 6:01 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 82
End of 3rd
Dec 1 5:27 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 46
Dec 1 4:36 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 25
End of 1st
Dec 1 4:03 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:37
Dec 1 3:42 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Apr 28
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Apr 27
- Owners of Pistons, Cavs trying to bring MLS to Detroit Apr 26