Crawford leads Celtics over BucksDec 4, 2013 - 6:51 AM Boston, MA (SportsNetwork.com) - Jordan Crawford had a game-high 25 points, Jeff Green added 18 points and the Boston Celtics snapped a four-game losing streak against the Milwaukee Bucks with a 108-100 win at TD Garden.
Brandon Bass netted 16, while Avery Bradley and Jared Sullinger tallied 15 and 12 points, respectively, as every Boston starter scored in double figures.
O.J. Mayo paced Milwaukee with 19 points and Brandon Knight scored 15 points on 5-of-15 shooting in the loss.
Milwaukee snapped an 11-game losing streak with a 92-85 win against Boston on Saturday, but couldn't secure the second leg of the home-and-home.
"The bottom line is they did make plays down the stretch and some timely shots," said Milwaukee head coach Larry Drew.
Courtney Lee and Crawford scored the Celtics' first 17 points of the fourth quarter to extend the Boston lead to 86-74 following Crawford's jumper with 6:28 remaining to play.
Milwaukee used an 11-4 spurt later in the quarter to cut the deficit to 90-87 after a pair of free throws from John Henson.
From that point, the Celtics answered with an 8-2 spurt in a 1:11 span to regain a comfortable 98-89 advantage.
Milwaukee, however, didn't go away as Knight hit a trey that got the Bucks back within three at 99-96 with 1:10 left.
Sullinger answered with a step-back jumper as the shot clock expired that proved to break the back of Milwaukee and seal the win.
When speaking of his final jumper, Sullinger said, "Honestly, it was a double team. I was just trying to escape the double team and I seen a little daylight so stepped back and just shot the shot."
Early on, Green buried a triple with just over nine minutes left in the first that ignited a 14-3 run to give the Celtics a 22-9 lead. Milwaukee, however, chipped away and trailed 28-23 after one.
The Boston lead swelled to as many as 15 in the second but the Bucks closed the half on an 11-3 spurt to pull within seven, 48-41, at the break.
Green and Bass accounted for 19 of Boston's 21 points in the third, helping the Celtics to a 69-63 lead heading to the final frame.
Two of Milwaukee's three wins this season have come against Boston ... These two teams wrap up the season series on Feb. 10 in Milwaukee ... Khris Middleton scored 14 points on 5-for-10 shooting for the Bucks ... Milwaukee bested Boston with a 40-36 margin for points in the paint and had a 14-10 advantage on the fastbreak ... Milwaukee will host Detroit on Wednesday while the Celtics welcome Denver to TD Garden on Friday.
Dec 3 9:51 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 63
End of 3rd
Dec 3 9:15 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 41
Dec 3 8:35 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 23
End of 1st
Dec 3 8:03 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 2
1st Quarter - 11:43
Dec 3 7:40 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Hawks confident heading into 2nd round rematch with Cavs Apr 29
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Apr 29
- Hawks, Celtics alone on playoff stage in close out game Apr 28
- Stevens: Celtics' Thomas on track to play Game 6 vs. Hawks Apr 27
- Hawks-Celtics Preview Apr 27
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 26