Streaking Nuggets rout struggling NetsDec 4, 2013 - 5:46 AM
Jordan Hamilton and Kenneth Faried both netted 15 points, while Ty Lawson added 13 points and six assists for the Nuggets, who have won seven straight.
Randy Foye and Darrell Arthur added 11 and 10 points, respectively, in the victory.
"Good effort all around again. We got contributions from everywhere," Nuggets head coach Brian Shaw said.
Joe Johnson led the short-handed Nets with 22 points, while Andray Blatche tallied 15 points off the bench for Brooklyn, which has lost eight of its last 10 games.
Brooklyn trailed by eight at halftime but had the margin down to five, 65-60, nearly 4 1/2 minutes into the third before Denver used a 24-5 surge to seize control of the contest.
Arthur registered six points in the run, while Hamilton capped it with a 3- pointer that gave the Nuggets a comfortable 89-65 lead after three quarters.
"We sometimes can't put the ball in the basket and we stop playing on the other end," Nets head coach Jason Kidd said.
The margin never dipped below 20 in the fourth as the Nuggets cruised to victory down the stretch.
Early on, Brooklyn built a 24-16 edge just under eight minutes into the opening stanza, but the Nuggets closed the frame on an 11-5 swing to get within two after 12 minutes.
Denver then opened the second on a 7-1 spurt to grab the lead on Faried's layup that made it 34-30 with 10:11 on the clock.
A Torrike Shengelia layup just past the midpoint of the frame brought Brooklyn within two, but Denver answered with a 10-2 run to take a 52-42 lead on Lawson's driving layup with 2:57 left in the half.
The Nuggets carried a 58-50 lead into the break.
Brooklyn shot a woeful 2-of-16 (12.5 percent) from 3-point range ... The Nuggets made just seven 3-pointers, snapping their franchise-record run of consecutive games with eight-or-more 3-pointers at eight ... Brooklyn has lost five straight at home and owns a 2-5 mark at Barclays Center this season ... Prior to the game, Kidd announced that assistant coach Lawrence Frank will no longer be on the bench for games ... Denver won the rebounding battle, 56-37.
Dec 3 9:59 PM
- DENVER: 89
End of 3rd
Dec 3 9:27 PM
- DENVER: 58
Dec 3 8:44 PM
- DENVER: 27
End of 1st
Dec 3 8:09 PM
- DENVER: 0
1st Quarter - 11:43
Dec 3 7:42 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Nets hire Hawks assistant Kenny Atkinson as new coach Apr 17
- Company of Russian owner of Brooklyn Nets searched in Moscow Apr 15
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Apr 14
- Tough season and more tough times ahead for the Nets Apr 14
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Apr 14