Robinson leads Nuggets past SixersDec 8, 2013 - 8:08 AM Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - Nate Robinson scored 20 points off the bench to lead the Denver Nuggets to a 103-92 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers.
Jordan Hamilton and Randy Foye netted 13 points apiece and J.J. Hickson tallied 12 points and 10 rebounds for the Nuggets, who will face the Washington Wizards on Monday. Wilson Chandler added 10 points in the victory.
Tony Wroten dropped in 20 points, Thaddeus Young and Spencer Hawes each added 14 and Hollis Thompson had 10 points and nine rebounds for Philadelphia, which has lost six of its last seven.
"They were just knocking down shot after shot. They made the right plays," Young said of the Nuggets.
Thompson made a 3-pointer with 7:18 to play in the fourth quarter to tie the game at 86-86 before a 7-0 run by the Nuggets put them in front. Denver remained in control for the rest of the game and cruised to the win.
"We finally got some movement when our guards started to attack," Nuggets head coach Brian Shaw said.
Philadelphia started the game on a 10-2 run, which ended following a Denver timeout and bucket by Foye with 8:31 left in the first quarter. The 76ers held the lead for most of the first until Evan Fournier tied the game with 2:28 to play in the first.
Denver trailed to start the second quarter, 27-25, but Robinson knocked down a 3-pointer to give the Nuggets the lead. The teams went back and forth until a Hawes three put the 76ers ahead again with 9:13 to play in the half.
Despite a 10-point lead with 3:44 left in the first half, Philadelphia took a 53-49 lead into the locker room.
The Nuggets battled back in the third and came within a point twice until they captured their first lead, 70-69, since the beginning of the second quarter with 3:13 left.
The teams headed into the fourth quarter tied 77-77.
Michael Carter-Williams did not play due to a knee injury ... Philadelphia is 1-5 this season without Carter-Williams ... Ty Lawson did not play due to a left hamstring injury ... Denver made 26-of-34 from the free throw line ... Andre Miller scored eight points and dished out seven assists in place of Lawson.
Dec 7 9:25 PM
- DENVER: 77
End of 3rd
Dec 7 8:54 PM
- DENVER: 49
Dec 7 8:09 PM
- DENVER: 25
End of 1st
Dec 7 7:35 PM
- DENVER: 0
1st Quarter - 11:43
Dec 7 7:12 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Apr 14