Pistons down struggling Bulls behind JenningsDec 8, 2013 - 8:09 AM Detroit Pistons to a 92-75 victory over the Chicago Bulls.
"He made plays when we needed him to make plays. That is what he is evolving to," Detroit head coach Maurice Cheeks said of Jennings.
Kyle Singler had 12 points and Josh Harrellson added 10 for the Pistons, who have won four straight.
Taj Gibson scored 21 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, Mike Dunleavy had 16 points and Carlos Boozer added 13 points and seven rebounds for Chicago, which has lost three of its last four.
"We had a hard time scoring, we had a hard time covering the (3-point) line," Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau said.
The Pistons came back to tie the game, 47-47, before the half on a Harrellson 3-pointer after a hard fought first half.
Detroit came out of the locker room with more energy than the Bulls and took the lead with an Andre Drummond layup just 33 seconds into the second half and did not look back from there.
The lead would grow to as much as 15 points, in favor of Detroit, in the third quarter. The Pistons carried a 15-point advantage, 71-56, into the fourth.
The Pistons did not let their foot off the gas pedal in the fourth. The Bulls managed to come within 11 points with 10:11 to play but that would be the closest they would get for the rest of the game.
The first quarter started with the teams trading the lead four times in the first four minutes. The Bulls stretched the lead to seven points with 3:46 left in the first before the Pistons rallied to take a 25-24 lead into the second quarter.
Chicago held the lead for most of the second quarter and had its largest lead, 45-38, with 2:57 to play in the quarter. Detroit, however, score the final seven points of the half and tied the game.
Josh Smith had seven points and 10 rebounds, Greg Monroe and Drummond scored eight points apiece and pulled down 12 and 14 rebounds, respectively, for the Pistons ... The Bulls were without Loul Deng due to a left calf injury ... Detroit outscored the Bulls 45-28 in the second half.
Dec 7 10:11 PM
- DETROIT: 71
End of 3rd
Dec 7 9:44 PM
- DETROIT: 47
Dec 7 9:04 PM
- DETROIT: 25
End of 1st
Dec 7 8:33 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 11:36
Dec 7 8:12 PM
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Apr 28
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Apr 27
- Owners of Pistons, Cavs trying to bring MLS to Detroit Apr 26
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Apr 25
- NBA: No foul on Jackson's shot to end Cavs' win over Pistons Apr 25
- No heartbreak: Cavs' sweep saves Bieber concert in Cleveland Apr 25
- Young Pistons have plenty of potential after playoff berth Apr 25
- Cavs head into second round looking sharp and healthy Apr 25
- Irving scores 31, Cavs sweep Pistons with 100-98 win Apr 25
- Spurs, Cavs look to sweep; Celtics, Rockets try to get even Apr 24
- Spurs, Cavs look to sweep; Celtics, Rockets try to get even Apr 23