Nets manage victory in MilwaukeeDec 8, 2013 - 6:46 AM Brooklyn Nets handed the Milwaukee Bucks their third loss in four games with a 90-82 win at BMO Harris Bradley Center.
Joe Johnson scored 15 points with five assists, while Alan Anderson added 13 points for the Nets, who have won three consecutive games against Milwaukee.
O.J. Mayo led the Bucks with 22 points and John Henson scored 18 points with seven rebounds.
Brandon Knight was the only other Buck in double figures as the point guard finished with 10 points and six rebounds.
"The big thing is Brook played a great game and let the ball come to him," said Brooklyn head coach Jason Kidd.
The Nets bridged the third and fourth quarters with a 10-1 run that gave them their largest lead, 72-60.
Mirza Teletovic opened the fourth with a 3-pointer and Andray Blatche capped the spurt with a pair of free throws at 10:41.
Milwaukee closed within six, 84-78, after two free throws from Khris Middleton with 2:38 left.
Lopez answered with an emphatic dunk off a Johnson feed, and Garnett pushed the lead back to double digits after one of his patented mid-range jumpers with under two minutes to play.
"We could not defend them one-on-one, they were just too big for us," said Bucks head coach Larry Drew. "We tried to mix it up and try some things defensively but they got the ball to shooters."
Henson opened the game with a hook shot and Brooklyn proceeded to score the next seven points as Lopez scored two straight buckets to give the Nets a 7-2 advantage in the early going.
Brooklyn led for the rest of the quarter and brought a 20-18 lead into the second.
Mayo scored seven of nine during a 9-2 spurt early in the second to give the Bucks a 27-22 lead. Brooklyn then scored six straight as the second quarter saw five lead changes and three ties.
Milwaukee led 40-39 at the break thanks to a Gary Neal 3-pointer with 40 seconds left.
Brooklyn snapped a two-game skid ... Blatche scored 11 points with eight rebounds off the bench ... Brooklyn outscored Milwaukee 44-30 with points in the paint ... The Nets scored 21 points off of 12 Bucks turnovers ... Brooklyn hosts Boston on Tuesday ... Milwaukee travels to Chicago with a matchup with the Bulls on Tuesday.
Dec 7 10:52 PM
- BROOKLYN: 65
End of 3rd
Dec 7 10:14 PM
- BROOKLYN: 39
Dec 7 9:33 PM
- BROOKLYN: 20
End of 1st
Dec 7 9:03 PM
- BROOKLYN: 0
1st Quarter - 11:44
Dec 7 8:42 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Nets hire Hawks assistant Kenny Atkinson as new coach Apr 17
- Company of Russian owner of Brooklyn Nets searched in Moscow Apr 15
- Tough season and more tough times ahead for the Nets Apr 14
- Bucks step back on court, but future secure with new arena Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14