Duncan's double-double sends Spurs by BucksDec 12, 2013 - 5:58 AM
Duncan played just 24 minutes as he led six Spurs in double figures and outscored Milwaukee's starting unit himself. Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard netted 15 and 13 points, respectively, as San Antonio improved to 9-1 against the Eastern Conference this season.
"Every game we go into we don't worry so much about who we're playing," said Duncan. "It was a good focus night for us, a good execution night for us. We came with the right energy."
Marco Belinelli had 11 points in the victory, while Cory Joseph and Danny Green scored 10 apiece.
Milwaukee, which has lost four of six, got career-high scoring efforts from a pair of rookies. Nate Wolters tallied 18 points with seven assists and Giannis Antetokounmpo scored 15 points.
"He's (Antetokounmpo) going to be a special player," praised Wolters. "He's fun to play with just because he's so unselfish. We get out on the break and you can basically throw it up anywhere and he'll go get it."
The Spurs wasted no time asserting themselves, jumping out to a 9-0 lead less than two minutes into the contest to force a quick timeout. The Bucks never had a chance in this one, as the defending Western Conference champs went up by as many as 18 points in the first and comfortably led 32-16 after 12 minutes.
Milwaukee got back within 11 midway into the second on a pair of Miroslav Raduljica free throws, but Leonard led a 10-0 San Antonio burst to reclaim control.
The Spurs dominated the rest of the way.
Milwaukee's starting five combined for just 19 points on 7-for-29 shooting ... The Spurs outrebounded Milwaukee, 52-37 ... San Antonio's largest lead was 38 ... Jeff Ayres did not score or attempt a shot in 25 minutes but grabbed a season-high 10 rebounds for the Spurs.
Dec 11 10:12 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 92
End of 3rd
Dec 11 9:41 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 63
Dec 11 9:03 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 32
End of 1st
Dec 11 8:33 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 2
1st Quarter - 11:43
Dec 11 8:11 PM
- Spurs-Thunder Preview May 23
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12