Blazers make 21 3-pointers, rout SixersDec 15, 2013 - 5:46 AM Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - The Portland Trail Blazers nailed a team-record 21 3-pointers in their 139-105 rout of the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday night.
LaMarcus Aldridge had 20 points and 16 rebounds for Portland, which finished 21-of-37 from beyond the arc. Former Sixer Dorell Wright knocked down all five of his attempts from deep in the triumph.
"They have the league's most efficient offense. It sure felt like that," Sixers head coach Brett Brown said.
Tony Wroten had 18 points, seven assists and six rebounds for the Sixers, who have dropped six in a row and 10 of their last 11.
The Blazers led 71-64 at the break, but used an elongated 23-4 run to seize control. Wesley Matthews made a pair of triples, while Damian Lillard and Nicolas Batum added treys during the surge, which was capped on an Aldridge layup for a 99-73 cushion with 4:05 left in the third.
"They were all open good looks. It shows how well we're moving the ball right now," said Lillard.
Portland took a 111-79 spread into the final frame, where the visitors cruised to the easy win.
Batum netted 10 points in the opening stanza, but Philadelphia headed into the second with a 34-32 advantage.
The Blazers shot 55.9 percent (52-of-93) from the floor ... Portland outrebounded Philly 46-33 ... The Blazers scored 20 points off 15 Sixers turnovers.
Dec 14 10:22 PM
- PORTLAND: 111
End of 3rd
Dec 14 9:46 PM
- PORTLAND: 71
Dec 14 9:03 PM
- PORTLAND: 32
End of 1st
Dec 14 8:32 PM
- PORTLAND: 0
1st Quarter - 11:50
Dec 14 8:11 PM
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12