Howard's big night leads Rockets past BullsDec 19, 2013 - 7:03 AM
Chandler Parsons and James Harden each scored 19 points, while Patrick Beverley and Omri Casspi contributed 15 and 11 points, respectively, for the Rockets, who shot 53.7 percent from the field en route to their fourth win in six games.
"I thought we did some good stuff offensively," said Rockets head coach Kevin McHale, who had missed the three previous games following the death of his mother.
The Bulls, losers in three straight and six of seven overall, were led by Jimmy Butler's 20 points.
"When you lose, it's not fun, but we have to keep battling," Bulls center Joakim Noah said.
Chicago was done in by a six-minute field goal drought that stretched into the fourth quarter. Houston's subsequent 17-1 flurry -- highlighted by seven points from Casspi -- turned a three-point Houston lead into an 85-66 advantage in the opening minute of the fourth.
Eight of the Bulls' 17 turnovers came in the pivotal third quarter, and the closest they came in the final period was 14 points.
Even though the Rockets essentially led wire-to-wire, it was a one-possession game for a good portion of the second quarter.
Parsons drained a 3-pointer during a 7-0 Rockets run that pushed their lead to 46-36 late in the half, and Beverley beat the halftime buzzer with another triple for a 57-46 cushion.
Howard was one rebound shy of a seventh straight double-double ... Chicago's Luol Deng had 18 points and Carlos Boozer chipped in with 17 in the loss ... Chicago has lost four straight meetings against Houston.
Dec 19 12:08 AM
- CHICAGO: 66
End of 3rd
Dec 18 11:38 PM
- CHICAGO: 46
Dec 18 10:48 PM
- CHICAGO: 16
End of 1st
Dec 18 10:10 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:42
Dec 18 9:46 PM
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Warriors reach second round with MVP Stephen Curry sidelined Apr 28
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27
- Rockets-Warriors Preview Apr 26
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 26
- Warriors-Rockets Game 4: most 1st-round viewers since '02 Apr 26
- Stephen Curry out at least 2 weeks with sprained right knee Apr 25
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 24
- Curry to have MRI Monday on his sprained his right knee. Apr 24
- Curry hurts knee but Warriors beat Rockets 121-94 in Game 4 Apr 24