Favors helps Jazz best BucksJan 3, 2014 - 6:45 AM Utah Jazz defeated the Milwaukee Bucks 96-87 on Thursday night.
Gordon Hayward added 22 points for Utah, which has won three of its last four games.
"As we've gotten healthy, we are trying to find a rhythm," Jazz head coach Tyrone Corbin said.
Larry Sanders tallied 16 points and eight rebounds for the Bucks, who have dropped nine of their last 11 tilts.
"They withstood everything we threw at them," Sanders said.
The game was tied at 20-20 following a quarter of play, but the Jazz began to seize control of the contest in the second.
After O.J. Mayo nailed a jumper to give Milwaukee a 26-24 edge, Utah countered with 10 unanswered. Hayward had five points during the flurry, which was capped on a Diante Garret jumper for a 34-26 advantage.
Utah led 51-42 at the break and its margin reached as high as 15 in the third before settling for a 74-61 cushion heading into the final frame.
Sanders' layup whittled the Milwaukee deficit to 83-80 with 3:41 left, but Alec Burks drove in for a layup, Trey Burke hit a jumper and Favors' slam on three straight trips down the floor increased the advantage back to nine and the Bucks never got within less than seven the rest of the way.
Burks had 13 points, while Burke finished with 11 points and four assists ... Utah made all 17 of its free throws ... Milwaukee shot 18.2 percent (4-of-22) from beyond the arc.
Jan 2 11:10 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 61
End of 3rd
Jan 2 10:39 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 42
Jan 2 9:58 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 20
End of 1st
Jan 2 9:33 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:43
Jan 2 9:13 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- Bucks step back on court, but future secure with new arena Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14
- Kobe scores 60 points in unbelievable farewell victory Apr 14
- Police: Woman hurt trying to slide down rail at Bucks game Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Solomon Hill scores 25, Pacers beat Bucks 97-92 Apr 13