Young, Sixers slide past KingsJan 3, 2014 - 7:08 AM
"He's playing with a high level of confidence first, and then support it by his skill package that's getting better," Sixers head coach Brett Brown said of Young's play.
Evan Turner finished with 24 points, 10 rebounds and six assists, while Tony Wroten netted 21 points for the Sixers, who have won three straight away from home on the heels of a 13-game road losing streak.
DeMarcus Cousins tallied 33 points and 14 boards for Sacramento, which has alternated wins and losses over its last seven contests.
Turner's driving layup staked the Sixers a 94-79 lead early in the fourth, but Jimmer Fredette went on a personal 10-2 run to whittle the deficit to 94-89 with 9:06 left.
"Too little, too late," Fredette said of his run.
Spencer Hawes, though, finished off an 8-0 Sixers sprint a few minutes later to extend the margin to 107-93 with less than four minutes left.
Earlier, Gay's dunk pulled Sacramento within 42-41 midway through the second, but the Sixers countered with a 14-4 sprint to seize control of the contest. Young had four points during the surge, including a pair of free throws to cap it and stake the Sixers a 56-45 cushion.
Philly led 61-51 at the break and 92-77 after three.
The Sixers shot 46.7 percent (42-of-90) from the floor and scored 27 points off 23 Sacramento turnovers ... Isaiah Thomas had 23 points and seven assists for the Kings.
Jan 3 12:35 AM
- PHILADELPHIA: 92
End of 3rd
Jan 3 12:05 AM
- PHILADELPHIA: 61
Jan 2 11:14 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 30
End of 1st
Jan 2 10:36 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:50
Jan 2 10:14 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28