Warriors rout WizardsJan 6, 2014 - 3:48 AM
"It means something because it's history," Golden State head coach Mark Jackson said.
Klay Thompson netted 26 points, while Andrew Bogut added 15 points and 11 boards for the Warriors, who haven't lost since Dec. 19 when they fell to the San Antonio Spurs.
John Wall tallied 14 points and 10 assists for Washington, which has dropped three consecutive contests.
The game was tied 58-58 at the break, but the Warriors began the second half on a 19-3 run to seize control.
Lee netted six points during the surge, which was capped on two Thompson free throws for a 77-61 Golden State cushion midway through the second.
"Until we can learn to play through missed shots and not zap your own energy and the energy of your teammates, we're going to play like that," Wizards head coach Randy Wittman said of the run.
The Warriors led by as many as 25 before taking a 92-73 advantage into the fourth, where the visitors cruised to the easy win.
Earlier, the Wizards closed the opening frame on a 9-2 spurt and took a 36-28 margin into the second, where Golden State outscored them 30-22 to knot the tilt heading into the locker room.
The Warriors shot 50.6 percent (43-of-85) from the floor and 85 percent (17- of-20) from the foul line ... Washington made all 16 of its free-throw attempts.
Jan 5 8:16 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 92
End of 3rd
Jan 5 7:47 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 58
Jan 5 7:07 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 28
End of 1st
Jan 5 6:34 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:43
Jan 5 6:14 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19