Jackson, Thunder rout CelticsJan 6, 2014 - 4:36 AM Oklahoma City Thunder to a 119-96 thrashing of the Boston Celtics.
Kevin Durant deposited 21 points to go along with eight assists and seven rebounds, while Serge Ibaka contributed a double-double of 17 points and 11 rebounds in the win.
"I thought Reggie started the game off, his stroke was right on target, then Kevin came on a little bit, and Kendrick (Perkins) and Serge took over late," said Thunder coach Scott Brooks.
Jeff Green and Avery Bradley had 19 points apiece for Boston, losers in four straight.
Jordan Crawford added 17 points and Kris Humphries netted 14 points off the bench in defeat.
The Thunder jumped out of the break with six straight to extend their halftime lead to 72-56.
Thabo Sefolosha buried a 3 later in the frame that started a 10-0 spurt and Jackson capped it with a dunk at the 5:18 mark to make it 83-62.
The final margin was Oklahoma City's largest lead of the game.
"We didn't help each other on defense very often," said Celtics coach Brad Stevens. "When things are going well we're not bad, but when things don't go well we haven't responded well lately."
Boston led by as many as two in the first quarter when Jackson capped a 10-0 burst with a triple to give the hosts a 17-9 lead and it held for the remainder of the contest.
Perkins scored 12 points against his former team ... Oklahoma City has now won three straight over Boston at Chesapeake Energy Arena ... Jeremy Lamb donated 13 points off the bench for OKC ... The Thunder owned a slight edge on the boards with a 43-37 margin ... OKC shot 43-for-83 (51.8 percent) from the field and Boston connected on 35-of-80 (43.8 percent) attempts.
Jan 5 9:23 PM
- BOSTON: 78
OKLAHOMA CITY: 92
End of 3rd
Jan 5 8:52 PM
- BOSTON: 56
OKLAHOMA CITY: 66
Jan 5 8:08 PM
- BOSTON: 26
OKLAHOMA CITY: 34
End of 1st
Jan 5 7:36 PM
- BOSTON: 0
OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 11:44
Jan 5 7:12 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19