Korver, Hawks down PacersJan 9, 2014 - 3:45 AM
Korver shot 6-of-8 from the floor and extended his streak of consecutive games with a 3-pointer to 105 as Atlanta won its 12th straight over the Pacers from Philips Arena.
Pero Antic matched a career-high with 16 points and Jeff Teague and Mike Scott scored 15 apiece to help the Hawks snap a three-game losing skid. DeMarre Carroll chipped in 11 points.
Paul George was the lone bright spot offensively for Indiana, which played without starting shooting guard Lance Stephenson, who missed the tilt with a right knee contusion. George tallied 28 points and 12 boards in the setback. Danny Granger, making his first start since May, 2012, added 14 points.
"Give the Hawks credit," said Indiana head coach Frank Vogel. "They played a better basketball game than us."
Antic hit treys on consecutive possessions early on to help the Hawks to a 12-0 lead before George finally hit a 3 to get Indiana on the board nearly five minutes into the contest.
"We've lost a bunch of games lately, and they've all been close," said Korver. "To have a good start against a good team at home, it was really big for us."
Teague found Carroll in transition for a 16-3 edge at 4:08. The Pacers hit double figures on Rasual Butler's 3-pointer with just under a minute remaining, and Lou Williams capped the dominant opening frame with wide open corner 3 as the hosts found themselves in front, 25-12, after 12 minutes of play.
The Hawks won the second quarter as well and took a 49-32 lead into the break.
George was assessed a technical as frustrations mounted early in the third for Indiana. Korver potted the ensuing free throw for Atlanta's largest margin at 25 points.
The lead remained in double figures until Luis Scola's putback made it 89-80 midway through the fourth quarter. Korver's jumper on the other end restored the double digit lead and Atlanta put the game away from the free throw line.
Antic has made a 3-pointer in nine straight games ... Paul Millsap, who entered averaging 19 points in five games since Al Horford went down for the season, scored just four points on 1-of-10 from the floor ... Both teams scored 34 points in the paint ... Indiana outrebounded the Hawks 46-34.
Jan 8 9:52 PM
- INDIANA: 66
End of 3rd
Jan 8 9:14 PM
- INDIANA: 32
Jan 8 8:31 PM
- INDIANA: 12
End of 1st
Jan 8 8:01 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:41
Jan 8 7:41 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8