Pacers crush WizardsJan 11, 2014 - 6:53 AM
C.J. Watson netted 16 points off the bench, Lance Stephenson added 11 points, 10 rebounds and five assists and Paul George grabbed 14 points and dished out six assists, but scored just eight points on 2-of-14 shooting for Indiana, which has won four of its last five games.
"You want to see a team come out and play as hard as any team you've ever seen on the defensive end, come out and watch our basketball team," Pacers head coach Frank Vogel said.
Indiana outscored the Wizards 38-18 in the paint and outrebounded them 61-41.
Bradley Beal had 17 points to lead the Wizards, who shot just 32.1 percent (26-of-81) from the floor.
The game was tied 18-18 after a quarter of play, but Watson and Roy Hibbert nailed back-to-back 3-pointers to help the Pacers open up a 34-26 cushion during the middle stages of the second.
Indiana led 45-37 at the break and West netted six points during an 8-0 swing in the third to help extend the margin to 56-40.
"We weren't able to make shots and in the third quarter they came out with more energy than us," said Wizards guard John Wall.
The Pacers took a 65-51 spread into the fourth, where the hosts cruised to the easy win.
Indiana shot 44.6 percent (37-of-83) from the floor and 46.2 percent (6-of-13) from beyond the arc ... Hibbert had 12 points and six boards ... Indiana scored 22 points off 14 Washington turnovers.
Jan 10 9:20 PM
- WASHINGTON: 51
End of 3rd
Jan 10 8:51 PM
- WASHINGTON: 37
Jan 10 8:09 PM
- WASHINGTON: 18
End of 1st
Jan 10 7:32 PM
- WASHINGTON: 0
1st Quarter - 11:50
Jan 10 7:11 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Raptors reach second round for first time 15 years May 2