Wall, Wizards top BullsJan 14, 2014 - 5:41 AM
Nene added 19 points, five assists and five boards for the Wizards, who had dropped five of their last seven games.
"Win, lose, draw, you have to play all-out with that intensity each game. You can't have segments of it," Wizards head coach Randy Wittman said. "Tonight, we didn't let up."
Carlos Boozer had 19 points and seven rebounds and Joakim Noah grabbed 16 boards for Chicago, which had its five-game winning streak snapped.
"Right when you're feeling too good about yourself, you're feeling invincible, a team comes in there and smacks you, wakes you up to reality," Bulls forward Taj Gibson said.
The Bulls, who never led, pulled within 87-82 midway through the fourth after D.J. Augustin sunk two free throws, but Washington netted nine straight points to put the game away.
Bradley Beal and Wall hit jumpers before Beal knocked down a three. Another jumper from Wall concluded the flurry and gave Washington a 96-82 advantage with 3:05 remaining.
Earlier, Marcin Gortat's dunk helped the Wizards race out to an 8-0 edge and they settled for a 26-19 cushion after a quarter of play.
Back-to-back jumpers by Beal capped a 10-2 swing to begin the second, which staked the visitors a 36-21 spread.
Washington led 56-43 at the break and 78-68 after three.
The Wizards scored 22 points off 18 Chicago turnovers ... Washington shot 52 percent (39-of-75) from the floor and 38.9 percent (7-of-18) from beyond the arc.
Jan 13 10:23 PM
- WASHINGTON: 78
End of 3rd
Jan 13 9:48 PM
- WASHINGTON: 56
Jan 13 9:10 PM
- WASHINGTON: 26
End of 1st
Jan 13 8:34 PM
- WASHINGTON: 0
1st Quarter - 11:42
Jan 13 8:12 PM
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Apr 27
- Washington announces Scott Brooks as Wizards next head coach Apr 26
- Durant: Happy ex-coach Brooks back in NBA, focused on Mavs Apr 22
- AP Sources: Scott Brooks to be Washington Wizards next coach Apr 21
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- After awful season, Suns may well retain Watson as coach Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14
- Hornets look for first playoff win in 14 seasons vs. Heat Apr 14
- Wizards president Grunfeld stays, fires coach Wittman Apr 14