Jazz handle PistonsJan 18, 2014 - 6:17 AM Utah Jazz routed the Detroit Pistons 110-89 on Friday night.
"I thought he was passing the ball really well," Jazz head coach Tyrone Corbin said of Burke. "He made some turnovers, but I thought he was looking to make the right passes."
Enes Kanter tallied 18 points and seven rebounds, Marvin Williams added 17 points and seven boards and Derrick Favors grabbed 11 rebounds for Utah, which has alternated wins and losses over its last seven games.
Rodney Stuckey had 21 points and six rebounds for the Pistons, who have dropped seven of their last nine tilts.
"We just didn't come out and compete," Stuckey said. "That's on us tonight."
The Jazz pulled away during the latter stages of the first half and the early portion of the third quarter.
After Brandon Jennings' 3-pointer pulled the Pistons within 50-45 with 2:48 left in the second, Utah scored the next 16 points. The Jazz netted the final eight points in the second and Burke's floater with 13 ticks gave them a 58-45 advantage heading into the break. A Favors dunk extended the advantage to 66-45 with 9:59 to go in the third.
The Jazz took an 89-65 cushion into the final frame, where Utah led by as many as 29 before cruising to the easy win.
Earlier, Utah held a 27-25 edge after a quarter of play.
The Jazz are 6-1 when Burke scores over 20 points ... Utah tallied 22 points off 16 Detroit turnovers ... The Jazz shot 54.4 percent (43-of-79) from the floor.
Jan 17 9:50 PM
- UTAH: 89
End of 3rd
Jan 17 9:18 PM
- UTAH: 58
Jan 17 8:34 PM
- UTAH: 27
End of 1st
Jan 17 8:05 PM
- UTAH: 0
1st Quarter - 11:41
Jan 17 7:42 PM
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Apr 28
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Apr 27
- Owners of Pistons, Cavs trying to bring MLS to Detroit Apr 26
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Apr 25
- NBA: No foul on Jackson's shot to end Cavs' win over Pistons Apr 25
- No heartbreak: Cavs' sweep saves Bieber concert in Cleveland Apr 25
- Young Pistons have plenty of potential after playoff berth Apr 25
- Cavs head into second round looking sharp and healthy Apr 25