Jones carries Rockets past BucksJan 19, 2014 - 4:51 AM Houston Rockets to a 114-104 win over the Milwaukee Bucks.
James Harden scored 22 points, Dwight Howard netted 20 points with 14 rebounds, and Aaron Brooks added 10 points off the bench for the Rockets, who have won four of their last five games.
"He's been comfortable. He's been rebounding well. He's been active," Rockets coach Kevin McHale said of Jones' recent play. "There's big things for Terrence if he just keeps his activity level up."
Brandon Knight paced Milwaukee, which lost for the eighth consecutive game, with 26 points and seven assists. John Henson distributed a double-double of 20 points and 15 rebounds, while Luke Ridnour and Larry Sanders added 14 and 12 points, respectively, in defeat.
Houston led wire-to-wire aside from a 15-15 tie early in the first quarter. Jones, Harden, and Howard all scored during a 10-3 run to give the Rockets a 25-18 lead with 3:15 remaining in the first.
Jones later scored six points -- including two dunks -- during a 7-0 sprint that spiked the lead to its largest of the game, 51-34, at 5:19 of the second.
Milwaukee, however, trimmed the deficit down to as little as eight and trailed 62-52 at the break.
A Knight 3-pointer midway through the third cut the deficit to 75-69, but that is the closest the Bucks would come as the Rockets maintained a double-digit lead the rest of the way.
"It seems like every time we did make a run, they hit a big three or Terrence Jones got a dunk," Ridnour admitted. "We hung in for as long as we could, but we couldn't quite get over the hump."
The Bucks were outscored 66-44 in the paint ... Houston outrebounded Milwaukee 46-40 ... Giannis Antetokounmpo scored 10 points in the loss.
Jan 18 10:21 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 78
End of 3rd
Jan 18 9:52 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 52
Jan 18 9:10 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 23
End of 1st
Jan 18 8:36 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:42
Jan 18 8:12 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Warriors reach second round with MVP Stephen Curry sidelined Apr 28
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27
- Rockets-Warriors Preview Apr 26
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 26
- Warriors-Rockets Game 4: most 1st-round viewers since '02 Apr 26
- Stephen Curry out at least 2 weeks with sprained right knee Apr 25
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 24
- Curry hurts knee but Warriors beat Rockets 121-94 in Game 4 Apr 24